Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2020 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would be great to see if LWRC has any information on when the planned SMG-9 would be available for sale? Thanks.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Tokarev = unuptainable ammo. IMO
I sold my gun and ammo a long time ago due to the fact of the ammo going up in price and completely disappearing.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/762x25/
Much better selection than 5.7x28, also more affordable.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lunacite wrote:
I'd be interested to know if the new magpul short tower glock drums fit into a Vector if you haven't been to their booth yet.

I highly doubt they would. They are pretty much flush with ar9 magwells and I believe the vector is longer. I believe sinus took some pictures of it today and will probably throw it up later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stop by the Taran Tactical booth and see if Butler's gotten Botox to freeze his face in an expression that isn't a grimace yet.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MyNameIs940 wrote:
lunacite wrote:
I'd be interested to know if the new magpul short tower glock drums fit into a Vector if you haven't been to their booth yet.

I highly doubt they would. They are pretty much flush with ar9 magwells and I believe the vector is longer. I believe sinus took some pictures of it today and will probably throw it up later.

Yeah. The Vector uses a G17 mag; anything shorter (like the drum) won’t fit.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So in case people were wondering, Sinus211 is a big supporter of hi point. Here’s a few pictures for your pleasure. ImageImage

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MyNameIs940 wrote:
lunacite wrote:

I didn’t take pics unfortunately. But I did stop by Magpul and talk to them about the short tower drum mags. They won’t even fit in a Glock 26 so no, they definitely wont fit in a Kriss Vector which I believe has a magwell designed to accept the much longer Glock 17 mags.

The short tower drum mags are designed for use with AR pattern PCC’s to eliminate the big “gap” of the exposed narrow portion of the pistol mag between the AR magwell and the drum portion of the mag. They’re cool little mags but definitely only suitable for use with pistol caliber carbines with a very short magwell.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our first stop this morning was at the CZ booth. After mutual buttering-up about how awesome the Scorpion is in its many forms, we moved on to their .22 suppressor. In this photo, note that the bottom few inches are the display stand:

This is a cutaway, obviously. See how the inside of the suppressor body is threaded, and the baffles thread into place? CZ has suggested locations for the baffles, but you can thread them into any arrangement you want. Kinda cool.

That same suppressor design is used in some of their integrally-suppressed rifles, like this one:

Here are two such rifles; the one on the left is a .17 HMR and the one on the right is a .22LR;

And the prices on those two integrally suppressed barrels (not the whole rifles) are . . . .

Stil at CZ, here's MyNameIs940 with a Scorpion carbine that has the bullpup kit installed. I liked this more than I thought I would . . . but still not as much as my normal Scorpion SBR:

Here's something nifty for the right crowd. Remington has come out with a pistol version of the 700, which will allow you to have a shorter barrel without going the SBR route:

What interests me there, primarily, is a short 300 Blackout bolt-action . . . mmmmm yeah, that will be quiet!

On to Magpul. They have a new "PC Backpacker" stock for the takedown Ruger PC Carbine:

Take the rifle apart and you can stow the barrel end into the stock end, as shown in the lower left corner of the photo. You can do this with a 12-round 9mm magazine in the rifle. And even cooler, hidden inside a hinged door on the stock you can stow a 21-round 9mm magazine!

Magpul was also showing off their 50-round Scorpion drum magazine (top) and their 50-round drum magazine for Glock-compatible carbines:

No, that drum won't work in Glock pistols, as the neck on the drum is too short.

Across the aisle was Lula. In my eyes, Lula can do no wrong and I own a ton of their products. And well, I'm about to own one more . . . .

They showed us their new loader/unloader combo (you get both pieces) for the Ruger 10/22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg6p65-g8Uo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1tKUOXlb4

And also their new loader/unloader (one piece) for the Kel-Tec PMR-30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTeTpgmnaU

And of course, we had to stop at LWRC to lust after the SMG-45. This is one sexy pistol....

A quick stop at Canik to look at the TP9 subcompact with red dot. Note that MSRP with the dot included is . . . $600? Or 6-something, I don't quite remember.

By then it was lunchtime, so we took a load off for a bit. From left to right: me, Sinus211, Steve from Cerberus Group, and MyNameIs940:

We did a quick blast through the Roni stuff . . . here's one for the M&P crowd:

Did anyone hear anything about a new Colt Python? :wink05: I'm not a revolver expert, so take this with a giant grain of salt . . . I thought the single-action trigger pull was so-so, but the double-action was nice. Otherwise, I can't offer much on this:

I mentioned this already in our range day wrap-up, but there's a new version of the HK VP9 that includes an optics-ready slide and a 17-round magazine (up from 15):

Here's MyNameIs940 posing with the HK MP7:

On to Springfield, where they are pretty proud of the Hellcat. They say that it went through 10,000 rounds without a hiccup, all documented on video:

I gotta admit, I like it . . . and one of the things that I like are the iron sights. We all shot well with them the other day, and they just seem easy to line up:

We did see a couple of celebrities there, not counting Steve from Cerberus Group who I already mentioned. Here's God himself, Jerry Miculek, holding court:

And here's Chuck Norris about to break some poor slob's neck, not realizing that it was all being captured on video:

Back to the guns . . . we checked out the CMMG Banshee display, and they've got some cool stuff! There's the 10mm that we've been discussing, plus a 5.7 version, plus a 9mm that uses converted PMAGs, and others. Here are a couple of them; the 10mm is the black one on the bottom:

And what the pho is this . . . it's an integrally suppressed Kel-Tec SUB-2000! icon_eek :bow:

But of course, how the hell do you fold it with that big red dot on top?! What were they thinking??? Well . . . here's Kris from Kel-Tec to explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6Y3izjEWQ

Damn . . . that's cool!

We hit the IWI display, and MyNameIs940 got REALLY excited about the Tavor TS12 12-gauge shotgun:

And remember how I cast some doubts on Sinus211's manliness at range day? Well, all doubts can be set aside . . . here are MyNameIs940 and Sinus211 collectively downing an entire gallon of pina colada . . . OMG. Let's just end this before things get any worse.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Anyone put their mitts on the new CZ 75 / 1911 hybrid called the DWX? :popcorn:

I will 2nd this. Looks like a damned interesting pistol.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
Global Ordinance/Grand Power L219, 3017

Check for any news about how the A3 approval process is going

Also ask if they have a fix in the works for the mag issues they've been having

MyNameIs940 and I talked to them this morning.

A3 approval is with the ATF right now; they're just waiting to hear back. So the answer is basically, "who knows" but they're expecting to get it sometime this year.

For mags, they've had about 30 mags returned with cracks out of 100,000 that they've manufactured, so they don't consider it to be a significant issue. However, they do have a prototype of a mag with steel feed lips, which they showed us but wouldn't let us photograph. So that's in work, but they don't have an estimated release date.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jesus Mike, between that Hi-Point hat and the lack of booth girl pics, I’m wondering about your sexuality. And that straw-sucking photo didn’t help....

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Jesus Mike, between that Hi-Point hat and the lack of booth girl pics, I’m wondering about your sexuality. And that straw-sucking photo didn’t help....

Oh great... now I can't unsee that image. icon_eek

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:
And that straw-sucking photo didn’t help....

Go back and look at that photo. Imagine just how long that straw needs to be in order to reach to the bottom of that 64-ounce glass.

OK, not look at the angle of the straw; clearly the bottom of it is right in the top section of that glass. So where's the rest of it?!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deep throated... :ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next