29%
YES +3
No votes
YES +4
No votes

Total votes : 7

WaGuns @ Rainiers 7/19/19

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am

Who wants to hang out with other like minded people, at a gun-free area, drinking beer, eating BBQ, and watching some baseball?! I do!

We worked out a deal with the Tacoma Rainiers to host a "Sportsman's Night Out" It was originally going to be called "2nd Amendment Night", but... well.. we know how that goes. They have also included a couple other range organizations, and more may follow suit. Regardless, we will be surrounded by other like minded, gun loving people.

There are a couple different tier's that you can get into, please see the flyer below.
The link that's mentioned in the flyer is; https://www.wertacoma.com/sportsman/

Make sure you use the Promo Code: SPORTSMAN19

The Party Deck ($45) is what is labeled 'RF Deck' and the $19 Tickets are sections 'N&O'.

Re: WaGuns @ Rainiers 7/19/19

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:36 am

Face Painting???

I am so IN!!!

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am

Sweet! Bit of a drive but party deck sounds great!

Inquiring minds want to know, what’s the metal detector situation???

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am

Sinus211 wrote:Sweet! Bit of a drive but party deck sounds great!

re-read his first sentence.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 am

They do have detectors. I always carry a credit card knife in my wallet but leave the rest locked in the truck. In 5 years of regular attendance, I’ve never felt at risk or unsafe. If you really wanted to smuggle something in, I can think of a few ways—pm me for info. But I don’t feel the need. Besides, I feel free to drink a few that way. Nice long games—get there early and pound a couple and then fill up on fatty foods during the next 3 hours. Good to go when I leave.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am

DGM33 wrote:

They do have detectors. I always carry a credit card knife in my wallet but leave the rest locked in the truck. In 5 years of regular attendance, I’ve never felt at risk or unsafe. If you really wanted to smuggle something in, I can think of a few ways—pm me for info. But I don’t feel the need. Besides, I feel free to drink a few that way. Nice long games—get there early and pound a couple and then fill up on fatty foods during the next 3 hours. Good to go when I leave.

Damn! Well if zombie66 is coming we can always stick something in his prison wallet. It's quite roomy!

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:47 am

joao01 wrote:

re-read his first sentence.

Re-read my second sentence. There's a difference between a gun-free area and a place with metal detectors.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:50 am

Sinus211 wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Damn! Well if zombie66 is coming we can always stick something in his prison wallet. It's quite roomy!

My Prison Wallet is full.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 pm

I had a discussion with the Rainier's about this. They understand the irony about having a night dedicated to the 2A, while at the same time restricting the 2A. That being said, security (mostly ex-LEO) will be patrolling the parking lot that night knowing that there are probably a few toys that need to be kept safe.

IF we have a good tun-out to this and represent ourselves well, I think a discussion about lockers like Key Arena would be in the cards.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Their security guys are pretty good. At least one of them is an older former SEAL. And there are usually several PD wandering around.
But I like the locker idea! I certainly don't want to drive to Tacoma unarmed.

Sat May 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Damn. Really enjoy Rainier's, go often and I think it's a much better atmosphere and entertainment than the Mariners.
But I'll be on a bike ride in eastern Washington...

Sun May 12, 2019 5:21 am

Just got confirmation that Joelle is off that day, so picked up THREE party deck tickets!

Sun May 12, 2019 11:34 am

Would love to be there but will be in Dallas.

Sun May 12, 2019 3:42 pm

I got a ticket too.

Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

What if someone were to show up with their own "Security Detail"? :wink05:

I provide armed security for my wife :bigsmile:
Post a reply