Switch to full style
Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

Re: ALERT CPLs PLUMMETING...WHY????

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:27 am

jorgeu wrote:Every time I think about CPL I end up with the same conclusion: where the hell will I carry a gun other than in the car? I see "no guns" signs everywhere. Can't carry into places where alcohol is served, can't carry at work, or at gym, bunch of business with "no-guns" signs, etc.

I open carry in the woods and that's it.

These signs make me glad I'm illiterate. :thumbsup2:

Re:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 am

"ALERT CPLs PLUMMETING...WHY????"

Washingfornians choose joint over gun?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 pm

11,000 people moved to escape WA liberal politics and were replaced by California antigun leftists?

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 am

Massivedesign wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
jorgeu wrote:Every time I think about CPL I end up with the same conclusion: where the hell will I carry a gun other than in the car? I see "no guns" signs everywhere. Can't carry into places where alcohol is served, can't carry at work, or at gym, bunch of business with "no-guns" signs, etc.

I open carry in the woods and that's it.

BTW there is an RCW that says if you are going to, during, from an outdoor activity you can carry concealed.

I'd very much like more info on this one if you get a chance to linky...

RCW 9.41.060 since the provisions of .050 (concealed carry) do not apply to .060, and .060 states
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

It's a stretch, but it may hold up.

I am not a lawyer, but this has been long discussed over on OCDO.

Hunh? the next section states "Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper..."
so...I *CAN* carry concealed without a permit, in circumstances outlined in (8) above, or as long as it is unloaded in a closed opaque case?? neither of these make sense to me, help me understand?
What is OCDO?

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:54 am

OCDO is opencarry.org

Open
Carry
Dot
Org

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:55 pm

quantsuff wrote:
RCW 9.41.060 since the provisions of .050 (concealed carry) do not apply to .060, and .060 states
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Hunh? the next section states "Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper..."
so...I *CAN* carry concealed without a permit, in circumstances outlined in (8) above, or as long as it is unloaded in a closed opaque case?? neither of these make sense to me, help me understand?
What is OCDO?[/quote]
From RCW 9.41.060 above where do you get the part about the case? The only time I've seen reference to having a gun stored in a non-clear case is when it's left in the car unattended.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forum ... Washington

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
quantsuff wrote:

What is OCDO?

From RCW 9.41.060 above where do you get the part about the case? The only time I've seen reference to having a gun stored in a non-clear case is when it's left in the car unattended.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forum ... Washington[/quote]
section just below hunting/fishing labeled (9)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:07 pm

You guys slay me with the quoting proofreads.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:09 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

What is OCDO?

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm

quantsuff wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

What is OCDO?

section just below hunting/fishing labeled (9)

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Dave Workman wrote:For the third straight month, CPLs have declined in Washington State, losing about 10,000 since Jan. 1. Anyone care to take a stab at why? You may get quoted.

Because normal people are fleeing the state..so like me..even though I have a WA one..I have an AZ one now even if they are not required..so what will be left in WA..is the homeless drug addict..Marxists..and hippies..

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm

2018 Thread.

How are we in 2021?

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Dave's original article states:

At the end of November 2017, the Department of Licensing reported to Liberty Park Press and TheGunMag.com that there were 591,366 active CPLs.

The most recent numbers I found through a cursory Google search are in this -- https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/wa-frustration-agencies-still-not-accepting-ccw-apps-down-9k-since-april/ -- Ammoland story, also by Dave, showing 2020 numbers:

On April 1, there were 650,403 active CPLs in the state. That number had dropped to 649,165 by May 1, and by June 1, the number was down to 646,308. By July 1, active CPLs had declined to 644,345, and at the end of that month, the figure was 643,601. On Monday, Aug. 31 the number had dropped even further, to 641,204 active CPLs.

The numbers are up over 2017 but they dropped in 2020. No surprise. If LE agences don't take applications, then the number can't really go up, can it?

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:06 pm

mislabeled wrote:Dave's original article states:

At the end of November 2017, the Department of Licensing reported to Liberty Park Press and TheGunMag.com that there were 591,366 active CPLs.

The most recent numbers I found through a cursory Google search are in this -- https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/wa-frustration-agencies-still-not-accepting-ccw-apps-down-9k-since-april/ -- Ammoland story, also by Dave, showing 2020 numbers:

On April 1, there were 650,403 active CPLs in the state. That number had dropped to 649,165 by May 1, and by June 1, the number was down to 646,308. By July 1, active CPLs had declined to 644,345, and at the end of that month, the figure was 643,601. On Monday, Aug. 31 the number had dropped even further, to 641,204 active CPLs.

The numbers are up over 2017 but they dropped in 2020. No surprise. If LE agences don't take applications, then the number can't really go up, can it?

Thanks for doing that!!! :bow: :wagwoot:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm

dreadi wrote:I have a theory based on info from one LE agency.

LE isn’t processing them fast enough to meet the requirements set forth by law. Therefore many of them are expiring before renewal and the data that supports renewal numbers isn’t available because they haven’t been renewed to the backlog.

Also, the State does not notify CPL holders of impending expiration. Not that we should have to apply to the State in the first place for an essential enumirated RIGHT :beatdeadhorse5:
Post a reply