Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 ALERT CPLs PLUMMETING...WHY???? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

CPLs and semi auto handguns are not under attack. Feelings are driving the ban on AR15’s and magazines. Doesn’t make it right, just a simple equation.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would look at the year over year data. Seasonality may show up in the data

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how about a good bunch of us moved out of state and have not renewed? No need to buy a Washington license when Utah covers me for a $15 renewal.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bill Starks wrote:
how about a good bunch of us moved out of state and have not renewed? No need to buy a Washington license when Utah covers me for a $15 renewal.

This.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

went down to renew today, The nice lady at the DMPD said things aren't how they used to be. She showed me a list of Agencies and departments that they need to clear to renew. The DSHS has two people working on permits and short gun/pistol sales for the state. Forever I have paid for my permit and walked out the door with it. Not anymore.......sure glad I decided to renew early. Wonder how long it will take to clear? The PD here does not mail out permits, they call you and you stop down to the PD 24/7 with your ID and get it. I like the idea, it would seem a lot more secure with nature of the permit.

As far as the numbers falling, apathy is probably the culprit

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ended up putting mine off due to scheduling problems. Limited hours of availability, coupled with lengthy lead times on appointments. With my job, I’m not sure what my availability is going to be tomorrow, let alone at 1.30pm 4 weeks from now. Finally had to commit to a date and tell the boss I NEED some time.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
os2firefox wrote:
For Snohomish county, my renewal took the full 30 days.

Same here. They always always take every bit of the 30 days. In fact, last time, it was 4 days late.

Depends on the sheriff, and their policies.
Under Rick Bart they handed it to you through the window. Original or renewal. Took less than 5 minutes. Could see it coming off the printer.
Lovick, mailed it.
Trenary, mailed it, 30 days.

Only takes a few minutes for the check to come back.
If they mail it late, it's politics and policy.
They know what your record is before you leave the building.
They make you come in to check for warrants.

Last edited by Guntrader on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Normandy Park PD told me the same thing last time I renewed. It took about 3 weeks for my permit to come in. My wife renewed her's late and it took just under a month.

Normandy Park however, has limited service hours. At one point, the desk was only staffed 9-3 Monday - Thursday. I think its getting better now.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine expired due to being out of country on long vacation and got back 4 days before it expired. Got my renewed one a few weeks later. Not sure if that counts as lost for me.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Was there a surge in applications about 5 years ago? If people don't end up carrying a pistol, they are likely to let them lapse.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going with, "We've reached the point where people would prefer not to be registered with the government as gun owners."

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I'm going with, "We've reached the point where people would prefer not to be registered with the government as gun owners."

Good point

Especially with the suggested possibility of constitutional carry or something similar, in the future.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ERPOS, and LE/Courts/Military etc. finally taking the records requirements seriously and filing forms that reflect loss of 2A rights?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:46 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I think that as Washington becomes increasingly liberal and overrun with leftist policy and values those who are more likely to own firearms or have a CPL are moving away from the region. Seattle and surrounding counties have become increasingly hostile toward gun owners. If my family and business weren't based here I'd leave. I don't appreciate feeling like a second class citizen when I pay $30k in taxes to WA state every year and they squander it on "safe" injection sites and feel good anti-gun legislation that drives pro-gun businesses and successful conservatives away.

Will the last sane person leaving Seattle please lock the door behind them so these lunatics can't escape?

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
Was there a surge in applications about 5 years ago? If people don't end up carrying a pistol, they are likely to let them lapse.

Ding ding ding!!!!! We have a winner. The Sandy Hook massacre happened five years and 4 months ago. There was a surge when our rights were attacked. Now those are expiring.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next