Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 GET A GRIP! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.thegunmag.com/fill-your-hand ... character/

Fill Your Hand! Grips Give Guns Character

By Dave Workman
Editor-in-Chief

My search for the “perfect” handgun grips has proven one thing above all: There is no such thing.
Over the years, I’ve tried different grips on single- and double-action revolvers, and an equal number for semi-autos. It is abundantly clear some materials add character and even a little flash to a sidearm, while other choices simply provide practicality in certain environments.

Something other than politics....

Last edited by Dave Workman on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being a J-Frame fan (small hands) I have played around with lots of different grip aoptions and I have a set of Eagle Secret Service stocks that I absolutely love, my only complaint is that they would have an option for a LH or RH cut in them as if they were ambidextrous I don’t think they would be as comfortable.

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
... my only complaint is that they would have an option for a LH or RH cut in them as if they were ambidextrous I don’t think they would be as comfortable.

Wot?!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Send me to war with a magnum revolver and I'm putting a Pachmayr Decelerator on it.

Kind of in the same vein, the OG ERGO AR rubberized grip is the most comfortable all-purpose AR grip I've found. I also like the Magpul MIAD with the fattest back on it (no pause) but it's not quite as comfy.

Tonight's project is swapping the terrible factory grip on an AK to a US Palm. Glad they're back in business.

Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:13 pm

Old school Pachmayrs without finger grooves fit my medium size hands well on J/K/L round & square Smiths. Just about anything from Karl Nill feels great too. Although the ones I paid $10 for at a WAC show feel slightly better than the ones I had to pay full price for.

Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]