Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 West Coast Armory FFL transfer high cost $50++++ 

Be aware of the high price for FFL transfers at West Coast Armory - $50. Also they charge you another $50 if you don't ask for permission before you hit the purchase button for any internet sales. Like they don't have enough sales and need to pick on some dumb azz customer did not know about there terrible tactics. Better to just stay away from a snobby bellevue gun store. Just just don't want trash like me. That also includes a lot of you. Pintos is only $30 and they smile. Actually the sales rep was nice and embarrassed that they have to be dick heads.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They raised the price again??? Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
They raised the price again??? Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..and you have to "ask permission" before an Internet purchase?? WTF??

:facepalm2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i get that you mad and all so you going around to the local forum(s) but the shit is like right there on their website:

http://www.westcoastarmory.com/washington-state.html

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've passed on a few decent deals, just because i refuse to go there..........

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They probably just don't want to do transfers

Divided we fall.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:08 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Quote:
Blind transfer/price match fee $100.00 (NFA items - $150). Failure to contact us prior to shipping a firearm, or if we can meet/beat the price of a transferred firearm will result in a $100 transfer fee, *plus the required 10% state use tax - CC fees will apply to the transfer fee & tax.

Oh that's messed up! If they can meet/beat the price but you decide not to purchase from them they'll charge the full $100 to spite you. It would be silly not to buy from them and avoid the transfer fee altogether if they can price match but policies like this are just bad business!

Last edited by Sinus211 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$50 is absurd. That's a 10% or 20% "tax" on typical guns.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, they $50 fucked me once. That was enough.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm

No serious business has stupid penalties for using their business, I only patronize serious businesses.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Yep it was on the website but I was a moron and a little drunk when the purchase was made. It is not a crime to be a moron some times but it should be a crime to pay $100 for a transfer. I would rather be a moron once in awhile that be a dick head all the time. I am moving on but wanted the word out how they can hold your shit hostage. This is not what good people do, especially to those with brain cell deficiency.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Anyone griping about the cost of transfers needs to get a clue. Here’s one for free.

It costs money to do business and to pay people enough of a wage that keeps them employed and happy about what they make.

It takes time to have an employee receive and log your purchase. Go over paper work with you. Submit your paper work. Give your item and log it back out. If it takes 30 minutes to do it all, that’s $100/hr. If your business takes an hour, now it’s $50/hr. If you get delayed, we’ll guess what. Now they make less per hour.

Bellevue is already a higher cost market and their prices reflect that.

Do your research before you commission a service.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Anyone griping about the cost of transfers needs to get a clue. Here’s one for free.

It costs money to do business and to pay people enough of a wage that keeps them employed and happy about what they make.

It takes time to have an employee receive and log your purchase. Go over paper work with you. Submit your paper work. Give your item and log it back out. If it takes 30 minutes to do it all, that’s $100/hr. If your business takes an hour, now it’s $50/hr. If you get delayed, we’ll guess what. Now they make less per hour.

Bellevue is already a higher cost market and their prices reflect that.

Do your research before you commission a service.

I respect your opinion, but my experience differs.

I don't think it takes 30 minutes to receive and log a gun and do a transfer. Even if it does, that hourly rate is not reasonable. In my fairly significant transfer experience, it's never taken more than 10 or maybe 15 minutes of employee time (not factoring my time in completing the paperwork). The employee looks it over (1 minute), gets IDs, photocopies, logs in books, and processes it online (maybe 5 minutes of time). At 10 minutes of "work" that's a $600 hourly rate at $50 for 10 minutes. Or $200 at $50 for 15 minutes.

BTW a transfer requires no inventory purchase/holding costs and it is 100% profit margin. FFL often handles the gun for 1 minute and at most holds it for a day or two. No money invested in the product.

I get it that an FFL is an inconvenient and sorta expensive license. Most professions have similar. As an attorney with a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS invested in my law license, I don't even charge close to $600 hourly. My hourly rate is generally between $200 (standard legal stuff) up to $300 when I have to go perform at court/hearings with massive stress and preparation involved.

As for a gun store overhead, all businesses have overhead. It just varies. But gun store employees aren't making $50 or $100 or more an hour. If they are I'm in the wrong business. You're telling me that a paper processing job with a inexpensive license should warrant a $100-$600 hourly rate, just because they have customers by the balls so they can gouge them...? No way.

If an FFL had constant foot traffic and did a transfer every 15 minutes for 10 hours every day, at $15 hourly fee, that FFL would have zero inventory overhead. 1 person could do it. And the salary would look like this:
$15 every 15 minutes
$60 hourly
$600 daily
$3000 over a 5 day work week
$156,000 annually.

For a job that someone doesn't need any special significant education, and a tiny license fee, that's a DAMN good salary. Even if you cut that figure in half. So $15, for 15 minutes of employee time, that is 100% profit margin, is a damn good salary.

Now, having said that, I can see where a FFL might be justified in charging a fee for storage over a few days, or a fee for a delay, etc. That adds a lot of work. But a penalty because the customer didn't alert them, or a penalty because they can get it cheaper!? That would be the first and last time I'd do business there. I'd probably tell them to kick rocks and send the pistol back.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

leadcounsel wrote:
At 15 minutes of "work" that's a $400 hourly rate at $50 for 15 minutes.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Stick to law, maybe leave the math to others...

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next