Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 FFL123? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm considering getting my FFL and getting into the business. I'm already part of a very low margin industry, so this won't be much different :wink05:

I stumbled across FFL123.com and I'm considering going this route. I do know much of the info I need is available online for free, but for a fairly low fee, it seems worthwhile to get all of the info collected together for me in one place.

Has anyone used this site before? A quick google search resulted in some reviews but they are all more than a year old. Thanks in advance.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 pm

I have not used it before. But between people on this site and a little bit of reading elsewhere I was able to put my package together pretty painlessly. The package requirements and paperwork at the start isn't the hard part though, the hard part is wading through the WA state and federal code to prevent any mistakes.

-WA state requires a UBI so you will need to file with the state for a business license even if your city does not require one for sole proprietorships.
-Check your zoning and file any necessary paperwork with the city/county. Call the city/counting zoning commission, most of them are more than willing to help.
-Fill out Forms 5310, 5330, and get your finger print cards done.
-Get passport pictures.
-Submit. Send a copy to your local PD, or Sheriff depending on where you are.
-Wait impatiently for a month or longer for a response.
-IOI interview
-WA state Firearms Dealer License.
-Wait some more.
-Business.

viewtopic.php?p=651057#p651057 - This response from 3584ELK is invaluable between the time you drop your package and are waiting for your IOI interview.

“Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used that site when I was living in Hawaii and considering applying for a FFL upon moving back to WA. I thought FFL123 supplied a lot of valuable information and insight, but I never applied any of it because I moved back to WA a few months after Sandy Hook; the market had gone haywire and I decided to shelve the idea (it's still on the shelf). You can gather the same information yourself through free web searches, and you can probably find the additional insight on gun forums or by talking to existing FFLs, but the FFL123 package puts it all in one place for you and allows you to read it, stop, and come back to it whenever you want. To some, that convenience is worth paying for. To others, it isn't.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:36 pm

One thing that makes me loathe them is that they call it a Class 3(SOT) license.
A dealer or manufacturer, and those who are helping especially charging others to get their licenses should know and use the proper terminology instead of the commonly and WRONGLY used terms. There is no such thing as a "class 3" license. It's just a tax dealers pay. A Class 2 for manufacturers. I know it's a small thing, but words have meanings and we should probably try to use them correctly. Especially someplace that is charging a fee to obtain something. If you're asking me to pay you, then you need to have your terminology correct. Why should I trust someone who can't even get that basic information correct?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]