Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New FFL starting up with questions 
FFL / Dealer

Hey everyone, so I received my FFL a couple weeks ago and got my state firearms dealer license on Friday!! I’m very excited about that :-D

I was wonder tho if anyone could give me either advise, recommendations, opinions, hate comments, etc etc etc about POS systems you have used or encountered. I have demoed celerant cumulus, gearfire axis, and tested the waters building my own (I’m in IT)…..not sure what direction to go towards tho.

I figure for a e-bound book I am pretty sure I’ll go with fastbound as I haven’t heard/read anything negative about them yet. Although at my ATF interview the guy recommended I start with a paper bound book to learn the ropes really well. Opinions??

Also am I blind or what, I was trying to find the “firearms online” system in secureaccess.wa.gov ???

Sorry for all the questions, I wanted to get everything in place and setup before I start doing any kind of business so I know I’m doing everything exactly right from the start.

This forum has been immensely helpful just reading thru posts and what not so I figure it would be a great place to ask all the stupid questions about WA laws and business practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can’t address the POS systems but can on the secure access Washington (SAW).

Last month or so it appears they were hacked and so they took the systems down. If you had a business license etc it was at risk. They just sent me a free credit monitoring log in to review my business/personal account.

It should be back up but that was the issue for SAW.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]