Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Best price to ship out of state 

I'm currently in Pierce county looking to ship a pistol to an out of state buyers FFL. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced FFL to ship?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Cardinal Northwest, LLC "$45 plus actual shipping cost, as provided by UPS quote."

Located in Algona- find me online or 206.574.8818

Mark

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Call Mary's Pistols in Tacoma and see if they can help.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

correct me if I am mistaken, but if you are shipping to a firearm manufacturer or FFL you can ship direct to them, no need for an FFL on the shipping end.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am
Profile WWW

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
correct me if I am mistaken, but if you are shipping to a firearm manufacturer or FFL you can ship direct to them, no need for an FFL on the shipping end.

You can but three potential issues.

1. The receiving dealer has to be willing to accept transfer from individuals. For some reason some dealers won't.
2. The state it's going to might restrict dealers from accepting out of state transfer from those who aren't dealers.
3. The cost will likely be more. Someone who is not a dealer can not use the USPS, so are pretty much restricted to UPS and FEDEX. Both require overnight shipping which is going to be around $100 and you have to go to one of their hubs, not just like a UPS store. It is federal law that you tell them what is in the box.
Dealers can use the post office and a pistol should only be like $20 ish for a medium flat rate box.

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 am

FFL to FFL is typically cheaper in my experience for handguns and somewhat for rifles. Also dudes FFL I was shipping to wanted to get it from a dealer only though theres no state restriction. Big thanks to Richie @ Green Monstah for taking care of my shipping needs.

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 am

anubismp wrote:
FFL to FFL is typically cheaper in my experience for handguns and somewhat for rifles. Also dudes FFL I was shipping to wanted to get it from a dealer only though theres no state restriction. Big thanks to Richie @ Green Monstah for taking care of my shipping needs.

Richie is good people.

I've never understood the paranoia some dealers have about not accepting firearms from private individuals. I mean you will run into that one person who refuses to send his license or some valid form of ID so that's a pain, and the ones who don't bother putting things like who it's for, but even dealers will do that.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]