Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Re: XD / XDm How to Vids

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:16 pm

ANZAC wrote:
timmytowbowman wrote:I admit I am a bit intimidated, but look forward to breaking it down here in the near future. I hope to find someone in the local area, that is able to install my night sites. I hear some folks have to send them off, and I would rather not have to go through that experience.

I sent my slide out for the sights, but if you have a sight pusher tool it shouldn't be too hard.

The rest of pretty much anything on the XD/XDm is a piece of cake.

Note the loaded chamber indicator can get really gummed up. Every second cleaning I pop the roll pin out and clean it really well.

the xd sights are hydraulic press fit... some sight tools are not up to the task

Re: XD / XDm How to Vids

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:06 am

XDM9cWA wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
timmytowbowman wrote:I admit I am a bit intimidated, but look forward to breaking it down here in the near future. I hope to find someone in the local area, that is able to install my night sites. I hear some folks have to send them off, and I would rather not have to go through that experience.

I sent my slide out for the sights, but if you have a sight pusher tool it shouldn't be too hard.

The rest of pretty much anything on the XD/XDm is a piece of cake.

Note the loaded chamber indicator can get really gummed up. Every second cleaning I pop the roll pin out and clean it really well.

the xd sights are hydraulic press fit... some sight tools are not up to the task

Yeah that's why I sent my slide out, I didn't want to mess with it.
Post a reply