Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pierce county Parks and Recreation (weapons banned) HELP 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I carry my concealed carry handgun with me to the Pierce county parks very often, I have to be their for reason not want to disclose to every one. I got to Sprinker Pierce county Park and recreation center and there are no signs saying weapons are no allowed. This other park, heritage has a sign that weapons are not allowed, I was told many times in WA State this is illegal to ban handguns from Public county parks. There is a reason I think they are using that is wrong and would like to discuss it with someone who can look into how they get away with this.
This is a pierce county park but they allow a near by high school to play baseball on two of the field that the park visitors are not allowed to use or be on. This should have nothing to do with the county park of the park that is being used by adults that are on park and recreation ground. They should have no right to ban guns on pierce county park and recreation area, They are saying because school uses other fields that no guns are allow, This is not legal from what I understand of the law. They have closed off these areas, which have fences, which they have done, and park visors are not allowed to use these fields.. I have to be there at times and I do not like not having my concealed carry gun on me for my protection and my right to carry it by state law. I also do not like them using this reason to take my rights from me and others. Seattle went thru this as did Pasco but these people try to bypass the law by saying it is school ground but it is not school ground. How do we go and get this changed?

Picture is enclosed. Do you know where is a good place to send this maybe the Bellevue group?

looks like picture will not attach to files.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sign no weapons in public park.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you google the RCW #'s on the sign?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tried, makes no sense to me as I am not a lawyer, All I know is Seattle had to remove there ban on guns in Seattle public parks and areas. Same would be for Pierce co. It says right on the sign it is pierce county parks & Recreation area, and other area I am allowed to carry concealed. When in this area we should be able to carry. Damn idiots, my OR. carry license allows on carry on school grounds, WA has become more crazy than CA in it's wanted gun laws and soon will be.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nitefire1 wrote:
Tried, makes no sense to me as I am not a lawyer, All I know is Seattle had to remove there ban on guns in Seattle public parks and areas. Same would be for Pierce co. It says right on the sign it is pierce county parks & Recreation area, and other area I am allowed to carry concealed. When in this area we should be able to carry. Damn idiots, my OR. carry license allows on carry on school grounds, WA has become more crazy than CA in it's wanted gun laws and soon will be.
they are citing the ban on school grounds.

I see a Puyallup school district symbol on that board. What park is it and is it actually city owned property or the school owned property .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have sent same questions to CCRKBA and SAF I hope they take the time to look at it as they are much more knowledgeable about it. All I know as I have to be there when I work and it is a safety issue for me.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are two fields that are for the school to use, ONLY the schools, the other three are used by parks, All fields have complete fencing around them separating each one.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Monroe parks have a similar sign, but the RCW language states something about "unless legally authorized". Meaning CPL holders.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Opencarry.org used to have a few people on there that would take care of signs on city property that were in violation of WA state preemption.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what park ?? from above

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle lost big money for their sign which violates preemption. A lot of cites have the same signs, and when confronted they agreed they were wrong. I did this in Lacey, and they agreed with me even before I was to speak at the next city council meeting a number of years ago. As stated above do some searching in the opencarry.org WA thread forum area. This has been covered quite well there. The sign is null & void.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
what park ?? from above

Heritage RECREATION CENTER

9010 128th St E, Puyallup, WA 98373
co.pierce.wa.us
(253) 841-6358,

Google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Herit ... 22.3089524

I can carry in School in OREGON with my non resident concealed carry license but in my home state it is not allowed. This is a PARK, though, Country recreation center, I should be allow to carry as I am not on school grounds, The school uses their field behind their school and the one behind it. Both fenced in and I never enter that property.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

State preemption, carry on.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 am

All of that is Puyallup School District Property.

https://matterhornwab.co.pierce.wa.us/publicgis/

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

your lucky pre-emption covers you. I cannot legally carry in parks here.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next