Switch to full style
Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal.

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.
Post a reply

C&R license and 594, 1639 and other WA laws?

Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 pm

I tried searching but did not find a relevant thread, although it was hard to search for the C&R with the forum software rejecting the acronym search and spelling out curios did not help.

In WA if you have a C&R license can you have curios and relics as defined by federal law shipped to you without filing anything with the state or involving an FFL on the receiving end? An complications for pistols, rifles, or other specific firearms? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I was just wondering if 594, 1639 or other background check law changes in WA impacted C&R license privileges.

Thanks.

Re: C&R license and 594, 1639 and other WA laws?

Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Here's my sticky thread on C&R: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=859

To specifically answer your question, see RCW 9.41.113: https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.113

Here's a snippet:

(2) No person shall sell or transfer a firearm unless:
(i) A sale or transfer when the purchaser or transferee is a licensed collector and the firearm being sold or transferred is a curio or relic.

My interpretation: If you have a C&R license, it's just like the good old days when buying C&R firearms.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm

No impact from 1639 for semi autos?

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:45 pm

Alpine wrote:No impact from 1639 for semi autos?

Nope.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm

MadPick wrote:

Nope.
Arguably if the seller is a dealer they have to comply with the requirements of 1639 when transferring to anyone, including other FFLs (which would include a C&R license holder).

Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm

scrid2000 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Nope.
Arguably if the seller is a dealer they have to comply with the requirements of 1639 when transferring to anyone, including other FFLs (which would include a C&R license holder).

Yes, generally any dealer will not transfer anything to you with your C&R license.

My responses above assume that you're buying from a private party or an out-of-state dealer.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:13 pm

MadPick wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Nope.

Yes, generally any dealer will not transfer anything to you with your C&R license.

My responses above assume that you're buying from a private party or an out-of-state dealer.
Fair :)

Its not like any part of either initiative seems to be actively enforced, and an as-written requirement that all transfers between FFLs be subject to a 10 day waiting period is simply absurd.
Post a reply