Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Police will enter houses and take guns without warrants... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...if this flies.

Supreme Court to determine if police can enter a house and take guns without obtaining a warrant.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/sco ... -of-homes/

Quote:
WASHINGTON, DC – In a case that could have wide-ranging effects on policing in America, the United States Supreme Court will hear arguments next month to decide if police can make warrantless searches of a private residence under the “community caretaking” doctrine.

Quote:
The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects citizens from warrantless searches as one of America’s basic rights.
Before a police officer or other government official can enter a private home, they must show a judge probable cause that an item is present and that a crime has been committed.
If the judge finds there is sufficient probable cause, a search warrant is issued.
There are widely-accepted exceptions, called “exigent circumstance,” for emergency situations.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
There are widely-accepted exceptions, called “exigent circumstance,” for emergency situations.

aka - "excuses"

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this the liberal definition of 2 strikes?

Strike 1, 2nd Amendment, Strike 2, 4th Amendment

CONSTITUTION You're OUT!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The court needs to uphold the fourth amendment and get rid of that “community caretaking” bullshit!!!
This is the same thing they’re doing with the Second Amendment, death by 1000 cuts.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
The court needs to uphold the fourth amendment and get rid of that “community caretaking” bullshit!!!
This is the same thing they’re doing with the Second Amendment, death by 1000 cuts.

If there really is going to be government run community caretaking, it should be done by social workers and mental health experts rather than police. I don't even mind some of the police force budget going to fund that.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

If there really is going to be government run community caretaking, it should be done by social workers and mental health experts rather than police. I don't even mind some of the police force budget going to fund that.

I agree. Cops have a job to do but they better not be crossing THAT line!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In this particular case the wife surrendered the guns to the cops after the husband was being transported to the hospital for psychological evaluation. He was never admitted to the hospital and the police have not returned the firearms and refuse to do so.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:38 am

Sounds like part of the "take the guns 1st, due process 2nd" insanity that was proposed some years ago.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]