Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Opencarry.org 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As one of the owners of this great forum (and I used to be quite the regular at OCDO forum and meetups), I’ll just put this out here very clearly.

Any post that goes against the CoC will be used against you in a court of us. Swift action may be taken, action you may not like.

Everybody plays nice or you are shown the door.

The “you” in the above sentence is the person who is reading this post.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
As one of the owners of this great forum (and I used to be quite the regular at OCDO forum and meetups), I’ll just put this out here very clearly.

Any post that goes against the CoC will be used against you in a court of us. Swift action may be taken, action you may not like.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Massivedesign wrote:

My pronouns are Him/He not you... so I must be exempt

Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I searched opencarry.org and the posts I took a look at, albeit, I haven't taken a look at them all, seem ok. There was this one where a member advises on concealed carrying in the state of NY which you seemed to rightly advise, that you probably don't want to be the test case yet.

Quote:
It is now legal for any law abiding citizen over the age of 21 to carry concealed in NY.
The SC struck down NY's licensing scheme this morning. As of 10 am there is no licensing requirement in NY and therefore it is legal to Carry without a license unless and until NY implements a new licensing scheme that is constitutional.

I'm certainly not perfect and other points of view are welcome. As with anything else, it's just not being "right" but palatable. There are certain past members that have contributed here in an intelligent manner, but have certain idiosyncrasies that rub people the wrong way.

In other words, please be nice. Thanks!

Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:51 am

jackass wrote:
I searched opencarry.org and the posts I took a look at, albeit, I haven't taken a look at them all, seem ok. There was this one where a member advises on concealed carrying in the state of NY which you seemed to rightly advise, that you probably don't want to be the test case yet.

Quote:
It is now legal for any law abiding citizen over the age of 21 to carry concealed in NY.
The SC struck down NY's licensing scheme this morning. As of 10 am there is no licensing requirement in NY and therefore it is legal to Carry without a license unless and until NY implements a new licensing scheme that is constitutional.

I'm certainly not perfect and other points of view are welcome. As with anything else, it's just not being "right" but palatable. There are certain past members that have contributed here in an intelligent manner, but have certain idiosyncrasies that rub people the wrong way.

In other words, please be nice. Thanks!

Most gracious positive consideration jackass for taking the time to validate the situation verses carte blanch rejection of someone...well met and kudos to you.

To answer another member's question, an OCDO member who frequents this site as well as others across the nation, expressed their concern to me about the member's contentious posting, and after a conversation with them, I decided to review the posting as well as to assure my reputation wasn't tarnished in that matter.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:23 am

Massivedesign wrote:

Sorry, to have intruded to your property, but after reading the member's initial defaming post and seeing how the members were reacting towards the posting, with no moderation in sight I felt the need to present the my side of situation.

I will not be frequently this site in the future walking the CoC line drawn in sand.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Solus, your posts are fine. You come here with a clean slate, it’s up to you how you draw on it.

Many members forget that a good handful of them were misfits and rejects from SGN, welcomed here with open arms and free of judgement.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

*judgment

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome Solus!

Way long time ago… on another timeline.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:15 am

Alas, OCDO's demise might be sooner rather than later...
brand new member(s) with different last constants in their name has posted 4 times on extremely olde outdated postings w/the last one posted on a 2009 thread in Russian.

and they thought the Titanic was unsinkable.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solus wrote:
brand new member(s) with different last constants in their name has posted 4 times on extremely olde outdated postings w/the last one posted on a 2009 thread in Russian.

If you don't want to bring any of your baggage in, I suggest you check it at the door.

Otherwise that clean slate is being replaced with the one you are bringing in with you.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

solus wrote:

Tis' the fate of all online communities where the owners no longer have the passion / patience / time (choose one, or all) to continue to run such an endeavor. Life's directions change, passions change or maybe even a small group of toxic members that push members away.... SGN.org, WWFA, ShootersNW etc... They all die and when they do, the bots come crawling in. Members may not see it, but the admin/owners and mods here put in a lot of work, free work, just to keep the lights on and the spammers out.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... But I still won't forget the assertion of impropriety levelled against Jamie, and the veiled accusations of illegal activity on the parts of Jamie and myself.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agree with the OP 10000%. Said person single handedly destroyed OCDO, I have dozens of PMs from people who left there confirming that, can provide screenshots. Good news is Mad and Mass are good about enforcing rules here.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:44 pm

Alpine wrote:
Agree with the OP 10000%. Said person single handedly destroyed OCDO, I have dozens of PMs from people who left there confirming that, can provide screenshots. Good news is Mad and Mass are good about enforcing rules here.

He was one of the more annoying users, but there were a lot of toxic people on that board. I left pre-Covid, I think.

God forbid you mistype something about the Second Amendment. It was not a welcoming message board; too many keyboard kommandos.

Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next