Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 What would you do? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A gal gets her phone stolen from group of teens. Confronts them and gets harassed. Then off duty Calif Police officer steps in to help but gets way in over his head by these teens. He is carrying but does not use.

“I was exhausted afterward and mentally exhausted,” the former correctional officer, who was armed but refrained from pulling his weapon, said. “There was a lot of restraint that had to be practiced. And I had to do my best to stay in the moment.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/californ ... henewvoice

Large group of teens attacking from all sides?
He got lucky.

Granted hind sight - he did the right thing. His choice...
No one got seriously injured. He didn’t lose his gun. He doesn’t have to live knowing he shot a teen.

But, that’s hindsight. No way...
This is Totally justified self defense of use of lethal force.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well its only a ph, he did the right thing. NOW castrate them if thy find the perps.....

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What would I do?

First of all, I wouldn't have gotten involved at all, unless they started a beat down or worse on the woman.

Shoving and arguing... I have no idea what that is about. Maybe they know each other.

But IF I became involved voluntarily or not... At the point where they started punching me... There would probably be a dead kid or two.

I am too old for that. Too aware of how easily I could be killed with just a few punches. And too aware of how a bunch of kids like that get so easily carried away and wouldn't likely stop until I was dead, or they were otherwise stopped.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If your not ghetto, stay out of the ghetto. Simple.

I dont go to the zoo, so I dont have to hang with the animals.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
bunch of kids.

Those aren't kids. Kids grow up at some point. Those are ghetto animals perfecting their skills.

Those are worthless piles of shit that this world would never miss one bit.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple things.

I make it a point to generally avoid going to stupid places, with stupid people, at stupid times, and doing stupid things.

Malls are stupid places. Teens are stupid people; and I can only imagine that this particular group of teens is not attending UC Berkeley school of medicine if you catch my drift. I am also fairly certain that there must have been some indicators that confronting this group of teens by ones self was a stupid thing, especially being a lone woman.

As far as the officer goes, probably not the smartest thing for his own longevity to jump in but I won't judge on that score. Certainly brave that he did jump in in defense of this woman. However, getting beat by a large group of teens seems to me to create such a disparity of force as to warrant lethal force in self defense. Of course with the mall security guys there the disparity of force argument becomes tougher. I will say I think this guy practiced a shitload more restraint than most of us may have.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll say it again, we need a modern, more violent version of the Guardian Angels. We'll employ former Military with PTSD or Cops who were discharged for excessive violence, pissed off crime victims and people who just want our streets to be safe again.

Catch a criminal, beat the living shit out of him, put him in the hospital or the morgue. We will work in teams of three, all will be armed with both lethal and non-lethal tools and we will not be in uniform, sometimes jeans and t-shirts, sometimes in suits and ties. We will also not be waiting around for the police to arrest us for doing a job that needs to be done.

After a few sensationalized stories hit the press, the criminals will no longer be so brazen.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
I'll say it again, we need a modern, more violent version of the Guardian Angels. We'll employ former Military with PTSD or Cops who were discharged for excessive violence, pissed off crime victims and people who just want our streets to be safe again.

Catch a criminal, beat the living shit out of him, put him in the hospital or the morgue. We will work in teams of three, all will be armed with both lethal and non-lethal tools and we will not be in uniform, sometimes jeans and t-shirts, sometimes in suits and ties. We will also not be waiting around for the police to arrest us for doing a job that needs to be done.

After a few sensationalized stories hit the press, the criminals will no longer be so brazen.

I still remember the rookie cop in Death Wish that found the gun and told no one except his Captain. The Captain took it and told him to keep quiet.
Next thing you see is the crime started to drop. Somehow the bad guys got the message.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

30ish years ago I spent a week in the ICU with a swollen brain, after being jumped by 3 guys and kicked into the ground.

I can understand, and commend the guy for his self-control in not drawing and automatically endangering others.

Given that I realize I WOULD draw my gun, if I didn't have another option for self-defense...I carry these. They aren't perfect, but they're damn good. They ride inline on my belt, don't print, and are just stupid easy to draw and clench backwards in the fist. Bringing my fists up into guard position, presents sharp blades to any incoming blows. They may hit me, but they're gonna draw back bloody.

I practice drawing these for muscle memory, and neither one has ever been used for utility purposes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]