Sometimes 18%  18%  [ 18 ]
Open Carry 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Conceal Carry 14%  14%  [ 14 ]
Both - just depends 19%  19%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 100

Do you carry at home? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I'm not in PJ's, I'm carrying. If in PJ's, always within easy reach, if not on me.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in an apt with just the front door so it usually sits on my desk with my computer in easy reach. No kids so I can just leave guns all over the place.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
PMB wrote:
I wear a firearm as a piece of functional clothing. It's a necessary part of attire all the time and every where.
The very rare times during which I need to disarm due to passing through a metal detector - I dislike it mightily.

X2

Mine is on me right now. It will come off only to reside by my head on the nightstand.
Yup, it comes off for showers too though.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparky D wrote:
If I'm not in PJ's, I'm carrying. If in PJ's, always within easy reach, if not on me.

This.

Out and about, I enjoy openly carrying my Sig when the weather is right, otherwise I'll conceal the Keltec.

Usually when I get home, I'll switch to my ranch six-shooter.

No kids around any more, so there's always a shotty or rifle not far.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a great topic.
Do I feel like I should carry at home? Yes, absolutely. Do I? Not nearly as often as I should. If I come home after not carrying, it's not often I arm myself for the evening at home. If I come home carrying, it generally stays on.

O_Kellogg wrote:

I've been tempted to go this route, but I know I don't have the discipline to go collect and lock up all my stashed guns every time I leave the house. I'm too paranoid about burglary to leave anything unsecured.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

todd1803 wrote:
This is a great topic.
Do I feel like I should carry at home? Yes, absolutely. Do I? Not nearly as often as I should. If I come home after not carrying, it's not often I arm myself for the evening at home. If I come home carrying, it generally stays on.
O_Kellogg wrote:

I've been tempted to go this route, but I know I don't have the discipline to go collect and lock up all my stashed guns every time I leave the house. I'm too paranoid about burglary to leave anything unsecured.

Easily understood and agree. :thumbsup2:
I'm rural and there is ALWAYS somebody home, so we sort of have the opposite view of burglers - "the shotty behind the door" is available for them as well as other predators. Obviously, that won't work for most folks. We don't have "adjoining units" or close houses to really worry about "over-penetration", stray pellets, etc. Same with carrying/using a revolver around the yard/field/pasture - "Know your target and beyond", coupled with "No, I'm not loosing another animal/vegetable to predators".

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

todd1803 wrote:

Solution = big mean dog

When my Caucasian Ovcharka passes, I may get another, even though I've said I want to be "pet free" for 30+ years.

As for carrying at home, I do often, and usually have a firearm within reach. Other family members do too. No small kids at home, and all have decent training.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I wear a firearm as a piece of functional clothing. It's a necessary part of attire all the time and every where.
The very rare times during which I need to disarm due to passing through a metal detector - I dislike it mightily.

Don’t let him fool you.... if he could get away with it, without scaring his neighbors, a pistol would be all he would wear

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
todd1803 wrote:

Solution = big mean dog

When my Caucasian Ovcharka passes, I may get another, even though I've said I want to be "pet free" for 30+ years.

As for carrying at home, I do often, and usually have a firearm within reach. Other family members do too. No small kids at home, and all have decent training.

In my house, the dog might fuck you up.... but the cat is gunna torture you and kill you in a slow and painful manner. Goddamned evil little furball.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:

.....Caucasian Ovcharka ...

I could have sworn I had something called that show up on a lung x-ray....

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

todd1803 wrote:

I really like a 12 GA pump shotgun as a HD firearm. I keep it reasonably close most days, and just make the movement of firearms at night part of our family evening routine. During the starling High season (just over) we're moving 4 firearms a day just to keep a variety handy. Never want to miss an opportunity of punching holes, big and small, in one of the satan birds.

mmalleck wrote:
Solution = big mean dog

What? Why would anyone want to go pet-"free"? We'd call that pet-deficient. Our Ovcharka is ~3 years old, and we'll have another well before her time here is done.
My missus, the Dread Princess, will not allow me to keep the Ovcharka inside yet... I am trying to set up an efficient bathing and grooming station outside, but the fucking hair on these beasts is amazing. Holy crap do they produce a crop of hair. We've brushed ours out twice since it warmed up, and the pile of hair from the winter coat is double the size of the big dog itself after being collected up. Sounds like an exaggeration? It's not. I'll bet every birds nest within a mile has a goodly portion of Ovcharka hair in its construction.

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
PMB wrote:

Don’t let him fool you.... if he could get away with it, without scaring his neighbors, a pistol would be all he would wear

Been a while since you dropped by for a beer Mike. I promise to answer the door with more than just the holster on next time. Sorry about that. :cheers2:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
My missus, the Dread Princess, will not allow me to keep the Ovcharka inside yet... I am trying to set up an efficient bathing and grooming station outside, but the fucking hair on these beasts is amazing. Holy crap do they produce a crop of hair. We've brushed ours out twice since it warmed up, and the pile of hair from the winter coat is double the size of the big dog itself after being collected up. Sounds like an exaggeration? It's not. I'll bet every birds nest within a mile has a goodly portion of Ovcharka hair in its construction.

Ours is an inside dog (now), and man is she spoiled now. But if there is a door bell, knock, a stranger we haven't introduced - she is a beast with a big bark and quickly goes between the window and door. Paws on the window sill with a huge bark for each Amazon delivery is annoying in the house, but also scares the crap out of them.

Boyfriends I don't like that my daughters bring home, never get a proper introduction. LOL

You are so right about their fur, I have seen birds picking it up for their nests. We use a shedding blade, like what is used on horses. She certainly can fill up a trash bag with fur.

Indoor tips:
When she starts to smell too doggy for the bedroom, we use the waterless shampoo to freshen her up.
https://www.amazon.com/Naturals-Natural ... 211&sr=8-1

Their fur is nasty on vacuum cleaners. We have a rubber grooming glove and rubber broom to pick up most fur from the carpet prior to vacuuming.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
todd1803 wrote:

I really like a 12 GA pump shotgun as a HD firearm. I keep it reasonably close most days, and just make the movement of firearms at night part of our family evening routine. During the starling High season (just over) we're moving 4 firearms a day just to keep a variety handy. Never want to miss an opportunity of punching holes, big and small, in one of the satan birds.

mmalleck wrote:
Solution = big mean dog

What? Why would anyone want to go pet-"free"? We'd call that pet-deficient. Our Ovcharka is ~3 years old, and we'll have another well before her time here is done.

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
PMB wrote:

Been a while since you dropped by for a beer Mike. I promise to answer the door with more than just the holster on next time. Sorry about that. :cheers2:

That it has been brother!

theres a reason I call from down the road hahaha!!!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

In our rural, all adult household, we keep a variety of guns handy. If I'm the only one home, and working outdoors, I'm always packing; usually openly. It would really suck to get ambushed while mowing the lawn, or something. Despite all the "No Trespassing" signs on our private driveway, people tend to be curious & have to come up for a looksee. If an armed man mowing his lawn frightens them, so be it. If other family members are home, I'm not quite as paranoid, as I know a good shout will alert the cavalry.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm always legally armed. On or off body in reach.

Sometimes quite heavily.

Great to be an American! :thumbsup2:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next