Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

My xmas present, HTA 90/22

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Mrs. Claus decided to give me a High Tower Armory 90/22 this year. For those who don't know it's a stock to convert your Ruger 10-22 into a configuration like the PS-90 (except that plastic thing on the top is not a mag it's just storage)
My nephew helped me assemble it. Only trouble spot is that the recoil spring slid out in the packaging, and it wasn't supposed to, which caused momentary confusion as it isn't listed in the instruction manual or manufacturer youtube tutorial. They have good customer service though and mentioned to me that future literature and videos would discuss that.
The package my wife purchased came with a free extended release on the magwell and extended grips for the charging handle. I recommend both as they help a lot, especially the extended magwell release.

Behold!

Without this extended magwell release you have to dig deep up into the magwell to release mags, not fun, especially with stock 10-22 mags. Make sure you get the extended release!

Extended charging handle grips (ambidextrous) make chambering easier with that storage box hitting your fingers if you don't have it.

Ps-90 style "mag" is really just a storage box, can fix around 45-50 22LR.
Also, extra shroud/covering makes shooting left handed easier with brass casing ejection management.

Put a little Fire field red/green dot sight on it. Comes with 3 rails, one on top and one on each side.

Have not shot it yet. Will report back when I do.

Re: My xmas present, HTA 90/22

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

(Moved to Gun Pics.)

That's badass!! I have a PS90 and I love it, and for a while I was pretty hot to do a project like this. I bought an Airsoft P90 with the intent to use that stock, then discovered that my 16" 10/22 was too short and would have become an SBR. :frust:

I think yours looks like pure awesome. Let us know how it shoots!

P.S. I think your wife is going to claim it, and her "generosity" with the stock is going to turn into a gift for herself. Don't take her to the range with you.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:09 am

I recently built one as well, and brought it to the new years shoot to break in and it was a lot of fun to shoot. I highly recommend the HTA magazines as well.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:42 pm

My HTA 90/22 is ready for Sunday’s trip to the range!
:AR15firing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Damn. That's sexy!

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Yeah, there are a million 10/22 mods out there, but that has to be one of the coolest-looking ones I've seen.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:24 pm

How’s the trigger on these? My biggest complaint on aftermarket bullpup stocks has been the hard/sloppy trigger pull. Curious to know if HTA finally got it right.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Sinus211 wrote:How’s the trigger on these? My biggest complaint on aftermarket bullpup stocks has been the hard/sloppy trigger pull. Curious to know if HTA finally got it right.

I didn't have a chance to shoot mine yet.
So, here's the whole bunch of info from bullpupforum.com:
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=41.0

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:25 pm

My 90/22 is still virgin. But today I made a trip trough the snow to local Lowe’s to get a nylon spacer for the trigger rod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Nice! How’s the trigger?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:33 pm

MadPick wrote:Nice! How’s the trigger?

With nylon spacer installed, there’s no slop at all.
A little bit heavier pull, but still a lot of fun to shoot! :thumbsup2:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 am

:wink05:
https://www.reddit.com/r/1022/comments/ ... age_is_an/

Post a reply