Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: Revolver Pic Thread

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 am

Where'd you get those grips for the k38?
how do you like them?

Wow this thread has slowed down! Took some glamour shots with the great afternoon light here.

New shoes for the K-38 Masterpiece.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:17 am

These are 1950s walnut grips made by Fitz. They fit my hand very well. I have another similar set (unknown maker) with no checkering, birdseye maple, but they are for large hands. Like "palm a watermelon" hands. My size 8 glove havin' self could barely get the tip of my finger on the trigger. K frame square butt, all the old target grips are for square butts.

I get 99% of my vintage grips from eBay. Either the very rare Buy It Now that's under the value of the item, or I bid up to my comfort level.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:13 am

Colt Anaconda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 am

Nice snake gun! I'm likely going to get a new Anaconda unless I can find a P&R 629 (late 70s/early 80s). I originally wanted an 8" but with that rib and full lug it's probably extremely muzzle heavy, will settle for a 6".

Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:17 pm

29-10 Classic

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:37 am

Not mine, well technically...they belong to wife.
Chiefs Special, 2" and 3" barrels.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:10 pm

Got my snake gun. Looks like all the other new ones, but working on some special grips I hope to show off soon.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:24 pm

She's a beaut!

Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:12 pm

Some homemade elk stag grips for the snake...

Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Oh, them's purty.

Homemade by you, I assume? Is this something you've done before?

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:18 pm

MadPick wrote:Oh, them's purty.

Yes I made them. No previous experience with stag. It's definitely different, but same tools as wood.

Wed May 04, 2022 7:28 am

hkcavalier wrote:
MadPick wrote:Oh, them's purty.

Yes I made them. No previous experience with stag. It's definitely different, but same tools as wood.

how was the smell? I am told they really stink when you grind/file/sand them

Wed May 04, 2022 11:33 am

Yeah it smells like burning hair. Pretty terrible at first, then your nose adjusts.

Sun May 08, 2022 6:15 pm

Traded off for a S&W 29-2 made in 1974.

Also picked up a S&W 24-3 factory engraved "First 100" that probably won't be in my safe for long since it's pretty desirable, and I have a habit of trading off collector specials for shooters. If you've been looking for one or really need a centerpiece for your S&W collection, PM me. These don't come up for sale very often (last auction I could find was 2020) so it's tough to price.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:58 am

Newest one, an early 1950s S&W Heavy Duty. Possibly the most overbuilt .38 Special of all time and begs for low-end .357ish loadings that most manufacturers don't make anymore. This one came out of that big JG Murphy auction earlier in the summer.

Side note, if you were bidding up those nice prewar Colt New Service revolvers, I hate you! :bigsmile:

Now to find out what the heck "Burns 18" means. The 'Rosebud' of our time...

Post a reply