Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 45 blast Compensator on TP9SFX  

Just put on the 45 blast compensator for my Canik tp9sfx. Haven't shot it yet but I love the way it looks.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does look neat, but I suspect that may be as far as it goes. Looking over the pics on their site, I'm seeing a very in-efficient compensator that I'd expect to do little if anything for recoil and muzzle rise beyond just the added weight. Maybe that's enough though; my TP9SFx has very little recoil and already tracks better than the one in the gif on their website, so just the added weight and small effect from those ports might be all you need.

As an alternative, somebody was selling threaded barrels for these guns a while back, I managed to snag one, so you might be able to locate one as well. That allows you to put a real brake on the barrel that can be more effective without adding much weight.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
It does look neat, but I suspect that may be as far as it goes. Looking over the pics on their site, I'm seeing a very in-efficient compensator that I'd expect to do little if anything for recoil and muzzle rise beyond just the added weight. Maybe that's enough though; my TP9SFx has very little recoil and already tracks better than the one in the gif on their website, so just the added weight and small effect from those ports might be all you need.

As an alternative, somebody was selling threaded barrels for these guns a while back, I managed to snag one, so you might be able to locate one as well. That allows you to put a real brake on the barrel that can be more effective without adding much weight.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback and it does make sense. I guess I will find out once I shoot it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]