Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Scores of the week . 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fn 509 tactical w/ deltapoint pro -800$
Glock 21 gen 3 w/ zev fulcrum trigger and night sights -250$

Been wanting them for a while glad to have finally picked them up !

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice score on the 509 Tactical and great price. Recently picked up one with RMR for $1000 used though in excellent/new condition for use as my first 9mm suppressor host. Great shooting gun, quite accurate with great ergos. Really happy with ours. It runs quiet too with our Rugged Obsidian 9 can.

Enjoy!!!

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Nice score on the 509 Tactical and great price. Recently picked up one with RMR for $1000 used though in excellent/new condition for use as my first 9mm suppressor host. Great shooting gun, quite accurate with great ergos. Really happy with ours. It runs quiet too with our Rugged Obsidian 9 can.

Enjoy!!!

Yeah I’m excited to shoot it suppressed ! I will be running a dead air ghost 45m ! I mainly own glocks but I put a mag through the 509 and it’s going to replace the glocks very quick to become my new favorite !

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where the heck did you score the Glock?!

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Normanator wrote:

I sold it to the guy I got it from pre I-594 , it was all stock when I sold it to him . It was still in my name since it was pre transfer so clearly we didn’t do one . He needed cash to do work on his truck so he hit me up to buy my gun back from his for cheap so I couldn’t pass it up ! Even came with a loaded mag of hollow points and and a box of ball ammo :)

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daveygravey89 wrote:
Normanator wrote:

I sold it to the guy I got it from pre I-594 , it was all stock when I sold it to him . It was still in my name since it was pre transfer so clearly we didn’t do one . He needed cash to do work on his truck so he hit me up to buy my gun back from his for cheap so I couldn’t pass it up ! Even came with a loaded mag of hollow points and and a box of ball ammo :)
I’ll give you $300 for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can’t do it sorry ! I’m pretty excited to own another one of these again !

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daveygravey89 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Enjoy!!!

Yeah I’m excited to shoot it suppressed ! I will be running a dead air ghost 45m ! I mainly own glocks but I put a mag through the 509 and it’s going to replace the glocks very quick to become my new favorite !

The FN 509 Tactical is my first suppressor host and I have to say that shooting suppressed is quite civilized :bigsmile: In general color me quite impressed with the 509. As a lefty couldn't be happier: fully ambi mag release, ambi slide lock, suppressor height sights standard, threaded barrel standard, slide cut for optics, front and rear slide serrations, great ergos. It's the whole package for a 9mm suppressor host with no real tinkering needed.

The only customization on mine was installation of an Apex Tactical trigger kit (had our local gunsmith do the install). It is an improvement but not sure it was worth the cost of admission. The stock trigger is actually fairly decent with a solid, tactile reset and a fairly clean break. The Apex trigger though has a lot less pre-travel.

Believe it or not have never owned a Glock. I do now have a Glock 45 MOS on the wish list. The Gen 5 models did away with the Gen 4 finger grooves which to me is a huge improvement and added an ambi slide lock (not really necessary but a nice bonus for a lefty).

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Enjoy!!!

The FN 509 Tactical is my first suppressor host and I have to say that shooting suppressed is quite civilized :bigsmile: In general color me quite impressed with the 509. As a lefty couldn't be happier: fully ambi mag release, ambi slide lock, suppressor height sights standard, threaded barrel standard, slide cut for optics, front and rear slide serrations, great ergos. It's the whole package for a 9mm suppressor host with no real tinkering needed.

The only customization on mine was installation of an Apex Tactical trigger kit (had our local gunsmith do the install). It is an improvement but not sure it was worth the cost of admission. The stock trigger is actually fairly decent with a solid, tactile reset and a fairly clean break. The Apex trigger though has a lot less pre-travel.

Believe it or not have never owned a Glock. I do now have a Glock 45 MOS on the wish list. The Gen 5 models did away with the Gen 4 finger grooves which to me is a huge improvement and added an ambi slide lock (not really necessary but a nice bonus for a lefty).

I haven’t shot it suppressed yet . But I’m looking forward to it ! I am also a lefty but only for rifles , I shoot pistols right handed . Don’t ask me why just feels awkward shooting them left handed but I’m also pretty accurate left handed also . I’ve owned quite a few glocks , my Carry is a g43, also have a backup g19 gen 4 mos w/ Trijicon rmr threaded barrel and a g19x with threaded barrel

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Enjoy!!!

I run a G45 Gen 5 for work and it is a significant improvement over the Gen 4 models and Gucci Gen 3s. Out of the box it was incredibly smooth and while I appreciate the nod to lefties (being one) I've spent so much time training on Gen3 and Gen4 its unnecessary at this point. I love the flaired magwell, triggerwell undercut, backstraps, trigger, and did I mention how smooth the action is? SO SMOOTH!

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]