Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Pooeyloop WAC show 

Yeah, small show, but hey, it is August. I'll take quality over quantity any day. That Galil was sweet, and reasonably priced. No surprise it didn't last long. Saw a minty S&W 38-44 Outdoorsman. Don't see those everyday. If I hadn't already eradicated all the elephants in my neighborhood, there was a super nice Ruger No.1 in 375 H&H for only $575. Again, a bunch of "estate" ammo at bargain prices. Grabbed another few hundred rounds at well below Walmart prices. Ready for some serious plinking with the old 30-30.

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a bunch of surplus 303 and an aimpoint.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

xman wrote:
Smallest show I have seen in years. Still lots of good deals. Bought a bunch of stuff and almost bought a beautiful preban Galil but another member got it first.

Rix86 wrote:
Going to try to hit the show tomorrow morning.

How did it work with the new laws? Not clear on how a 10 day waiting period works at a gun show.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dunno, didn't do any of that.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
xman wrote:
Smallest show I have seen in years. Still lots of good deals. Bought a bunch of stuff and almost bought a beautiful preban Galil but another member got it first.

Rix86 wrote:

How did it work with the new laws? Not clear on how a 10 day waiting period works at a gun show.

You buy it. You do your transfer at the show through an FFL.

Your transferring FFL has to book in, store, insure,and track all the extra inventory that he has to carry thanks to stupid initiative and stupid voters.

You wait. the FFL calls you when your wait is over.

You go pick up your new gun at the business location of the FFL that did the transfer at the show.

Hooray for toothless useless incompetent legal stupidity written by people with the I.Q. of pond scum.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
xman wrote:

Rix86 wrote:

You buy it. You do your transfer at the show through an FFL.

Your transferring FFL has to book in, store, insure,and track all the extra inventory that he has to carry thanks to stupid initiative and stupid voters.

You wait. the FFL calls you when your wait is over.

You go pick up your new gun at the business location of the FFL that did the transfer at the show.

Hooray for toothless useless incompetent legal stupidity written by people with the I.Q. of pond scum.

Hmmm. Sounds like a massive hassle.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:24 pm

One thing that changed, as far as WAC goes, is the FFLs were charging $25 for a transfer, instead $10. This was not just for semis & handguns, but everything. Can't fault them for this; got to make up for the extra hassle somehow. At a small show, like last weekend, there weren't a huge selection of transferring FFLs to choose from. If I had bought a semi or a handgun, I would have a long drive to pick it up. At the bigger shows, there are usually some North end transferring FFLs in attendance, so it would be more convenient. Seemed to be more bolts, pumps, levers & single shots showing up. As long as it goes bang, I'm interested.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

18 dollar tax now too, iirc.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Setting up a Saturday Only table with some random estate stuff. Stop by and I'll sell you something you can't live without really cheap! Hoping to sell it all by noon, so I can do some browsing. It is the "Big October Show" after all.

Anyone need a Swarovski 3-9x36? Come see me!

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saw Tincanbandit pimping out his t-shirts at the show today. Good prices on those too.
October is always the "biggest" show of the year and they only had maybe 15~20 tables setup behind that big wall? Sad.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:frust: Its also the first day of Rifle hunting season. They always have a show on opening weekend.. Makes no sense.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was pretty busy though given the circumstances..

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember the October hows where the back rooms were filled up in addition to two tents outs outside with additional wares, all busy with people going back and forth. Yesterday it was like a July show from past years during a sunny day. This does not bode well. The $25 transfer fee does not work well with the lower priced firearms, especially the curios and relics. I was looking for an AR 15 lower and I was unable to find many, and those I did were high priced ($250 for a complete upper). I expect $150 for a complete lower and $40-50 for a stripped lower. Lever actions were high priced also, one decent one in 30-30 for $350 was quickly snapped up, most were north over $500. I was also looking for the rifle/pistol case guy but he was not there.

There was also an unexpected fire alarm around 3pm. This wasted a half an hour. The loudspeaker said not to aim laser sights at the smoke detectors.

At least no ka-booms.

The impediments between human exchange (background check, safety course, fee) does not help our cause. But a few ways around it are 80% lowers (for now), black powder firearms and curios and relics.

Watch for ammo restrictions and full capacity magazine bans so pay a visit to your representatives. City, county council, PTA meetings. A friend of mine said while he was on the PTA they always had hunter safety education after hours at the schools (obviously for outlying counties). We each have our own small part to play, remember to do yours.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well it's a damn ghost town in here currently.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Well it's a damn ghost town in here currently.

How many tables? I was thinking of going for fair scones.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next