Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WAC Monroe Sept.18-19, 2021 

Looks like this is going to happen. (At least I hope so, since I bought a table!) Will be nice to have to have a show so close to home again. Despite COVID, I still managed to accumulate a bunch of stuff I don't really need. With the lack of merchandise on store shelves, hopefully others will be cleaning out their closets, too.

Socializing with folks I haven't seen in over a year will be worth it, but maybe I'll come up with a treasure, or two...

Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mdcaldwell wrote:
Looks like this is going to happen. (At least I hope so, since I bought a table!) Will be nice to have to have a show so close to home again. Despite COVID, I still managed to accumulate a bunch of stuff I don't really need. With the lack of merchandise on store shelves, hopefully others will be cleaning out their closets, too.

Socializing with folks I haven't seen in over a year will be worth it, but maybe I'll come up with a treasure, or two...

Hey Bud it will be good to see you.
I'll have 3 tables and will be setting up saturday morning. Let me know if you have anything I might need lol.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

I'm sure I'll have something you need. Setting up Friday afternoon, but hopefully I'll still have some stuff left on Saturday morning! Looking forward to seeing you.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So you have to be a member to get in or?

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Membership not required to attend. You must be a member to bring firearms into the show. No loaded firearms in the building.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:09 pm

Opens at 9am Sat/Sun for members, 10am for nonmembers. No longer have to be a member to purchase firearms, now that we're all subject to background checks.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Good show today. Think there was maybe only 2/3 to 3/4 of the tables they'd normally have, but there were bargains a plenty.

Found a nice Old Model Blackhawk .357 in better condition, and for less money, than one I'd recently bought, so I picked it up. I also found some good deals on accessories, so I grabbed them too, before deciding to get serious about selling my own junk.

Got rid of most of my stuff by the afternoon & went out looking for something to blow my earnings on. Made a deal on a Remington #4 Rolling Block in .22 rimfire. Has plenty of "character" but is mechanically sound. Should be a fun ~100 year old plinker.

There were some crazy prices on ammo, but plenty of fair deals, too. Bought 6 boxes of Federal 30-30 for $17/box. Figure that's about what it'll cost at Walmart when things get back to "normal". Some "Black Talon" floating around. Guys raved about getting some for $15/box. Was offered some for $50/box; no thanks...

Overall, it seems like the older enthusiasts are starting to part with things so the young(er) enthusiasts can enjoy them as much as they did. Sure, they're blued steel & walnut, instead of polymer & anodized aluminum, but what's wrong with that? Hahaha!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see you today as well as others
I also got a great deal on some ammo that I really didn't need but it was cheap so I had to buy it lol.

Sold a few guns and a acog.
So for me it was a great little show.
I left by 4:40 since it dropped off and was home by 6:00 not to bad of a commute.

Hope to see everyone at puyallup in November. I'm thinking that I will have 2 or 3 tables.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:45 pm

Typical slow Sunday at the show. Still some good deals, though. My buddy, who couldn't make it Saturday, got a 1000rds of S&B .223 for $450. Not too bad in today's market.

It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces. Was able to identify most everyone, even with the masks. Saw some very creative ones, too. Looking forward to Puyallup next month.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]