Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Shooting area outside of vancouver? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya shooting area outside of vancouver? I think is was called like Lars or something? I used to shoot there when I was stationed here, but that was 3 years ago, cant remember how to get there. Anyone from the Couv area know how to get there, point me in the direction? or feel like shooting on sunday? Too cheap to go to the english pit, $16 to shoot for a little bit is just too expensive for my blood

Last edited by Soldier_Citizen on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rangemap.html

Now you are aware that one of the banners above just below WaGuns is a map of shooting areas in Washington...

None listed for Lars...?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

little more detail needed. outside of Van. in which direction? Battleground, washual, woodland? open pit/ range? approximately how long of a drive? Nothing I know of sounds like Lar's unless your thinking larch mt.

Last edited by cmica on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 pm

You're probably talking about Larch Mt. Just look at the range map that's linked and find the pin for the Honey Hole. IMO, it's a wasted trip though. I've only been there once and I didn't like what I saw. The other shooters up there weren't as concerned with firearms safety as I would like, and muzzle control seemed to be a foreign concept. I just use Google maps to find out of the way places now. So far, I've been lucky.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Vince
United States Marine Corps '94-'00
NRA Member

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
little more detail needed. outside of Van. in which direction? Battleground, washual, woodland? open pit/ range? approximately how long of a drive? Nothing I know of sounds like Lar's unless your thinking larch mt.

east side. I know there is a cheveron station kind of close, it may be Larch.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vmkeith wrote:
You're probably talking about Larch Mt. Just look at the range map that's linked and find the pin for the Honey Hole. IMO, it's a wasted trip though. I've only been there once and I didn't like what I saw. The other shooters up there weren't as concerned with firearms safety as I would like, and muzzle control seemed to be a foreign concept. I just use Google maps to find out of the way places now. So far, I've been lucky.

Almost like a rock quarry, right before that large deforested area? like I said, been quite a while since I been in the area.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
vmkeith wrote:

Almost like a rock quarry, right before that large deforested area? like I said, been quite a while since I been in the area.

Sounds right...been quite awhile since I was out there. I avoid Larch like the plague.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Vince
United States Marine Corps '94-'00
NRA Member

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damned. Guess time to find another area

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

There is a place just outside of Vancouver. It is in Duvall. Closer than Colorado.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
There is a place just outside of Vancouver. It is in Duvall. Closer than Colorado.

Haha not by much lol

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i hate larch mountain. mostly for the same reason somebody else has already mentioned. there are too many people who go there with little clue as to what they've bought and how to properly use it. go ask them what kind of gun(s) they're shooting and it's a crapshoot whether they'll be able to tell you anything about their firearm(s). i've only gone up there twice. that was two times too many!

there are a few places within the gifford pinchot national forest. just go north on i-5, take exit 21, make a right turn (east), and head that way for 45 - 55 miles. you'll come climb a short, steep hill that has a medium sized chainup/off area on the right hand side. 30 to 80 yards past it is a dirt road on the left side of the road that leads into a quarry. i heard some people shooting in there yesterday as i was looking down at the dam at swift reservoir. if you look up swift dam or reservoir on google maps, you might be able to see the pits themselves if you zoom in/down far enough. i didn't even know there was a place to shoot out there until yesterday.

you won't find me venturing into that pit simply because it's way too close to the road. other people in the pull out/chain up/off spot were a bit freaked out by the close gunfire.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]