Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Re: Woods creek road/ Monroe pit open?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Just saw online it's open. I asked a sheriff where I could shoot in the area and he recommended it just 20 mins ago.

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Hey was thinking of visiting here soon. How do I get up there exactly? Just pull off to the side road and follow it?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Gunman98 wrote:Hey was thinking of visiting here soon. How do I get up there exactly? Just pull off to the side road and follow it?

47.94238138968476, -121.89740883129564

You'll know when you get there

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 am

Please make sure to clean up after yourselves or it will be shutdown before we know it!

Sat May 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Went past today, it's closed again, there is a little sign on the hillside that explains it was planned for road/quarry work

Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm

I haven't been there, but looking at the map, I see the place is surrounded by residents. No wonder there are conflicts here! I hope folks abide by the time restrictions for shooting hours. If anyone shoots before or after the posted hours, it'll cause more conflicts (and we don't need that!). Our biggest problem is to catch and stop the jackwagons from shooting at the wrong times and in wild ways!

Best to spread the word about being extra careful when shooting here. If regular cleanups could be done, all the locals will appreciate that (I'd say, let them know that responsible shooters are watching out for this place and trying to help keep it safe and clean. They'll be less likely to complain if they know there are responsible ones keeping tabs).

If anyone wants to distribute flyers, on responsible shooting, around this area, let me know and I'll ship some up to you. Otherwise, check your local Bi-Mart store's gun counters for the Trash No Land flyers.

Bill
CEO/Pres Trash No Land

Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm

TNL, while I don't shoot there, I do drive by just about everyday if you want me to post some up.

Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

das_napeth wrote:TNL, while I don't shoot there, I do drive by just about everyday if you want me to post some up.
well, this flyer is not the kind you'd post to a sign, but rather an indoor brochure you'd find on the gun counter of a sporting goods store. Like a few extra trash bags, I always carry several of these brochures to hand out to shooters I meet in the woods.

If you have a favorite gun store that will display them, that would be the best bet for these.

Thanks,
Bull

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:11 pm

Last edited by ErrlWorx556 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:20 am

Still has no shooting signs posted up. Maybe Seattle Rifle and Pistol will open up for hunter sight in, Randy? Also the everett range on Ebey might be good.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:07 pm

das_napeth wrote:Still has no shooting signs posted up. Maybe Seattle Rifle and Pistol will open up for hunter sight in, Randy? Also the everett range on Ebey might be good.
Check the website. Pretty sure this weekend is the last as opening day is about a week away.

Alternately, contact a member to go as a guest during the week.
Hint, you can pm me....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Forgot to add, https://www.seattlerifle.org

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Was in the area and swung by real quick. The closed for logging signs are gone too. Guess it's a no go for the foreseeable future unfortunately
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ErrlWorx556 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2022 6:50 pm

The timber sale for woods creek expired March 31st, 2022.

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/psl ... packet.pdf

Anybody been up there recently?

Wed May 18, 2022 8:08 pm

I just swung by there last night looking for places to shoot outdoors (just getting started :-) ). The gate is still closed with tons of signs saying no shooting, plus a few laminated papers about the logging activities. I walked down to the pit and saw lots of old brass, didn't see anything obviously fresh.
PXL_20220518_032439647.jpg

PXL_20220518_032333261.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply