Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where will you be coming from I am in Arlington by the Safeway on 204th street.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:42 pm

I will be coming up from Lynnwood

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you want to meet me at my place in arlington then head up there. I'm right in town pretty much on the way to darrington. I can text you my address.

Last edited by DoveRelease on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 pm

I just sent you a PM

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last Saturday we went out shooting upnto the Darrington pit. We met Ruger Fan at the gas station at Sweede Haven Road at 9:00 am and drove back to the pit and set up in the lower pit.
He brought two sets of steel targets. They were fun. I should pick a set up. He left around noon and we stayed there until a tweaker pulled in and started spraying bullets behind where we were set up behind my truck. I posted about it in the other "Bad Experience" post.
We stayed up in the Mountains until dark. I'm glad the days are getting longer. Another few months when it warms up we will be able to stay up there overnight again. Mason really enjoyed our over night up in the Mountains we did last day.

If it doesnt rain this weekend we will go shooting again, ignite rains I will do some reloading and get some bullets made up for Mason to shoot.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The irresponsible shooters that trash our public areas are absolutely maddening. I have always picked up my mess when I am done and try to get some additional trash as well when possible.

Dove Release, good for you taking your grandson shooting and introducing him to the world of responsible firearm use. My first time shooting as a youngster was with my grandfather on his property, using a Montgomery Ward tube fed semi-auto rifle, which I still have today.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took my grandson up to Darrington todayn the roads going back into the woods are all snow and ice covered. We went towards Granite Falls and did a little shooting. He shot up a box of 38spl and some 22lr. We stayed out there about an hour & a half
There are assholes among us, some one shot up the road sign for every one to see where we parked.

Last edited by DoveRelease on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:00 pm

DoveRelease wrote:
I took my grandson up to Darrington todayn the roads going back into the woods are all snow and ice covered. Iwe went towards Granite Falls and did a little shooting. He shot up a box of 38spl and some 22lr. We staued out there about an hour & a half.

There are assholes among us, some one shot up the road sign for every one to see where we parked.

Shooting from or across a road is a no-no on FS land.
Shooting into or across water is a no-no on FS land.

A bridge may also be considered a structure, which you cannot shoot within 150 yards of, so you may have pulled off a hat trick.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ihaveadream wrote:
DoveRelease wrote:
I took my grandson up to Darrington todayn the roads going back into the woods are all snow and ice covered. Iwe went towards Granite Falls and did a little shooting. He shot up a box of 38spl and some 22lr. We staued out there about an hour & a half.

Shooting from or across a road is a no-no on FS land.
Shooting into or across water is a no-no on FS land.

A bridge may also be considered a structure, which you cannot shoot within 150 yards of, so you may have pulled off a hat trick.

Twas wondering 'bout that

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep.

Multiple bad ju-ju there.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well the snow melted a lot and we can now get back.into the darrington pit. There were two groups there in both the lowerand upper pit so we went elseware for a while. We got set up and there was a small group real c9lose by shooting 22s. We could hear a couple of kids and a dog.
We shot at this location until the shooting stoped down below at the gravel pit.

We then loaded up and went to the pit and set up. Mason did good on his target, soda cans full of water and clay pigeons that other people missed and didn't pick up.

The soda cans really come apart when he shot them with the 44 magnum Ruger Blackhawk loaded with 44 special ammo.

As usual there was a shit load of shotgun hulls to pick up. I picked up a three gallon bucket full and a few bags full
There was about three pounds of brass we picked up. I'm going to mail my oldest son a large pay one price post office box of range brass when we get a box load. They donxt have pits to shoot at like we do here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another great day at tje Darrington pit. A friend went with us today and brought some friends & family for a day of shooting.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We went back out Saturday for the day. We did a lot of shooting and I picked up a bunch of garbage shotgun hulls.
We left the house at 7.45am and got home at 8.30pm.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been getting out every weekend with my grandson shooting. It is hard keeping up with the reloading, but we are making do.
I'm going to have him do some longer shots at clay pogeons set up on the far back gravel bank.
We sre still picking up shotgun hulls, once we get them uder control it will be time to work on the steel rifle & pistol cases.

Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Look at that kid go!!

New safety glasses? I like 'em! :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next