Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Greenwater FS 7013 Clearcut: Closed to Shooting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's really horrible that it had to come to this. Honestly, when I got up with guys or family we pick up ours, and others messes. We've done cleaning up. But the fact it had to come to this sucks. But higher powers piss and moan and have ruined it for the people that do take care of there trash. But other popular places are going to get flooded and become far more unsafe. This sucks.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://q13fox.com/2018/07/03/forest-se ... reenwater/

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A shame to hear this news, given the hard work many of us put in towards saving the area. Thankfully they see the value in keeping the big pit open.

From reading the press release, it sounds like the CRR residents have been persistent with their narrative. Those of you who are familiar with the cast of characters, knows exactly the one vocal person who uses the term "trigger trash" :rofl9:

I do empathize with most of the local residents, but I sadly never detected any hint of cooperation/compromise from them from the get-go (other than occasionally joining our cleanups as it was convenient to have access to a large dumpster). Now the FS has just thrown in the towel after seeing our signs getting shot up, and the spot will continue to see disrespectful use of the area by the masses who don't share our values. It should be a good payday for our LEO partner(s) this week with all the campers up there.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I think you guys got the new guy handled, thanks.

I did my part, I removed FS 7013 from our Range Map.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I still see "Greenwater" on the map. Which location was this? Was it the "Upper" pit?

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

fajitamondays wrote:
From reading the press release, it sounds like the CRR residents have been persistent with their narrative. Those of you who are familiar with the cast of characters, knows exactly the one vocal person who uses the term "trigger trash" :rofl9:

Yep. And I was disappointed to see the USFS repeat that phrase.

fajitamondays wrote:
Now the FS has just thrown in the towel after seeing our signs getting shot up

We were there in May 2018 for a cleanup, and the sign -- which had been there since last summer sometime -- was in GREAT condition. I don't think it was shot at all. I find it very unlikely that it was suddenly shot up between our cleanup on May 12th and when I received an email from the USFS announcing the closure on June 19th.

Yes, signs often get shot up in the National Forest, but this wasn't one of those cases. Like the rest of the USFS rationale for the closure, this is utter bullshit.

P.S. I'm being pretty harsh on the USFS regarding this 7013 closure, both here and on Facebook. I'm pissed. I think they are lying to us and the public about the reasons for the closure, and I think the closure is completely unjustified. That said, I'm not anti-USFS; they've done a lot of good work with us in the past, and I hope we can continue to work together to keep other areas clean. Yes, I think they fucked up badly at 7013, and I hope they can at some point recognize that error and rectify it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I don't like is this:

Quote:
I have the approval from our Washington and Regional Offices to implement an emergency closure of the 7013 pit

This means the person wanted to close it, and their bosses didn't say no. It's not like it came down from above. This was a local decision.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
What I don't like is this:

Quote:
I have the approval from our Washington and Regional Offices to implement an emergency closure of the 7013 pit

This means the person wanted to close it, and their bosses didn't say no. It's not like it came down from above. This was a local decision.

Exactly right.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i noticed last time they seem to be getting it ready for logging operations up to the clearing . can see all the tree stripinggs

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
i noticed last time they seem to be getting it ready for logging operations up to the clearing . can see all the tree stripings

That may have had something to do with it Ops, dollars and all.

The whole Closure is a farce. It will drive the trash and the idiocy further into the area and that won't end well for us. Better to keep the people who are responsible for the Garbage and Tree Shooting in one area close to 410 than spread it to many smaller areas where it is actually unsafe to shoot and can't be monitored and easily accessed for cleaning.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're going to have to learn the hard way. Although I don't expect them to admit later that this was a bad idea.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The closure is for one year on paper unless it’s extended. We’ll see what happens then.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was on the news last night. It made shooters look like a bunch of outlaw hooligans.

I dunno if I agree with most others. When everybody is encouraged to shoot at the same pit, its easy to exploit the bad that is very easy to spot and see/make an example of.

Dispersed shooting is kinda like dispersed shitting.

If everyone shits in the same pit, pretty soon it stinks. Its easy to go see the damage. The contamination is concentrated and nature cant absorb it as fast as the shit piles up. Someone is bound to step in shit. The its on the news. Etc.

But you shit out in the woods, I shit in a different spot in the woods, and your neighbor has his own favorite shitting spot, then the rain is likely to wash the shit away faster and nosy folks with agendas will have a tough time finding a "shit pile".

Just my opinion. You "pit shitters" are an easy target.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
It was on the news last night. It made shooters look like a bunch of outlaw hooligans.

I dunno if I agree with most others. When everybody is encouraged to shoot at the same pit, its easy to exploit the bad that is very easy to spot and see/make an example of.

If everyone shits in the same pit, pretty soon it stinks. Its easy to go see the damage. The contamination is concentrated and nature cant absorb it as fast as the shit piles up. Someone is bound to step in shit. The its on the news. Etc.

But you shit out in the woods, I shit in a different spot in the woods, and your neighbor has his own favorite shitting spot, then the rain is likely to wash the shit away faster and nosy folks with agendas will have a tough time finding a "shit pile".

You pretty much nailed it. Not saying I agree with the way they're choosing to handle it - I certainly don't - but it's easy to understand why they feel like they have to do something.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

In other words out of sights out of mind

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:50 pm

@Old Growth,
I did not start to speak English until age of 17. However, I think I am good enough for English. When you say "good pay careers", I think you mean "good paying jobs". If you do not understand the difference between career and a job, that is a problem.

People did not come here for a good job. People, with a well built careers, brought their jobs because we like the lack of income taxes. When I accept my job offer in my previous company, I had choices to work in California Silicon Valley, Texas, Florida, Atlanta, and Seattle. I chose here and brought my and quite some other jobs here. I am a high ranking software engineers and quite a few other hiring are coming to Seattle due to the need to stay closer to me.

Right to keep and bare arms are our constitutional rights. People still like it and there is no talks about repealing this constitutional right. You have the rights not like the guns. However, remember you are benefiting on the gun bearing neighbors that make robbers to think twice when they heard people like them were shot when committing a robbery.

People are thinking about moving away. Unfortunately they are moving with their jobs and quite some jobs away as well. WA has been spending money like crazy. After all the jobs move away, see how the budget goes. Amazon is already in the process moving away. Amazon have more than 50% of high paying jobs here.

Welcome to the 21st century, where employees can dedicate the location to their employers. People move here not only getting a good paying jobs, but also they have the power to force their employers to open satellite offices in this state. My current company and previous company are all more 5000 employees when I joined them. I am No.6 employee and No.5 employee in Seattle. Do you see why company open the small offices for the small amount of people to work in Seattle only? Because in this tight talent market, job negotiation give the corporations short end of the stick.

Old Growth wrote:
My opinion is not going to be popular, but MOVE THE FUCK AWAY.

You all live within close proximity to good paying careers. So do MANY other people. MANY of those people are shit stains. Many of those shit stains shoot every where, shoot signs, leave trash etc. Many of the other people that live in close proximity to their career are not shooters and DISLIKE guns/shooters.

Your a GUN OWNER, you are NOT LIKED in this state by MOST of the states residents. Its very simple really. The state is not on your side and neither are your neighbors.

If you really want to do something about it, MOVE THE FUCK AWAY from the other millions of people that all try to share the same resources but hate each other. Hunters, hikers, equestrians, birdwatchers, joggers, bikers, snomobilers, ORVers, jeepers, climbers, pickers, anglers, etc all want a chunk of the woods and MOST of them don't get along or want to share and its only a matter of time before things change drastically.

If you think WASTING your time (meant as part of your short lifespan) fighting a feel good cause is worth anything, you are sadly mistaken. Its wasted effort and hopes and dreams for nothing.

There are three options,,
1 Move to an area with less folks where you can DISCRETELY enjoy your hobby away from the public's EYES and EARS.
2 Move to a state or area where people are LIKE YOU and more likely to participate than oppose your lifestyle.
3 Live next to that good paying job and keep getting fucked in the ass by the rest of your neighbors that want YOU to change.

My ass is to tender for #3.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4