Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Upper gravel pit in capitol forrest

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Hey everyone, I tried going by there to shoot last weekend on the 10th. It looks like they are mining the area again. Is there any poc, or location I can check for the status of the pit? I can't stand how crowded and dangerous the shooters are at triangle (had someone start shooting during a cease fire when I was checking a target there on more than one occasion)

Thanks!

Re: Upper gravel pit in capitol forrest

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 pm

If you’re looking for a safely run place to shoot in the area, check out Evergreen Sportsman’s Club. Only $10 for active duty military to shoot all day. Www.shootesc.org.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Bummer, was looking to go there this weekend..
Guess Greenwater will work.

Wish there was places other than DNR land that I can rapid fire and draw practice at :(

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Jaejin0417 wrote:Bummer, was looking to go there this weekend..
Guess Greenwater will work.

Wish there was places other than DNR land that I can rapid fire and draw practice at :(

Why not just go past the upper pit on the C-line, you can find plenty of better and more private spots to go to.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm

The person that I contacted in the past was Phil Wolff (360-628-2391 & 360-902-1435). He was the manager of the Capitol Forest area at the time and might still be. He did say that there was a section on the DNR website https://www.dnr.wa.gov/Capitol that people can check to see if there is any mining activity going on but I have never seen anything as an update on this site about that pit. Usually I just call him and ask directly.
Post a reply