Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 

Today was an awesome day. Early on in the cleanup we probably peaked around 25 people. We ended up shooting with more than 15 people. I would say we had well over 50 man hours into this cleanup. I met a ton of awesome people, i'm sorry if I didn't get face to face time with some of you as I really did appreciate everyone's company. Also, Jacob from the DNR was AWESOME! A great pro gun guy that made today possible.

A few people expressed concerns about how crowded the shooting area would be, but that ended up being a non issue. Everyone was incredibly safe, we set up a nice firing line, designated when the range was hot and cold, and set up tarps to police our brass for easy cleanup.

Lastly a group of non associated shooters brought a ton of nice targets for us all to shoot at and the drone as previously mentioned. I informed them of the forum as I'd love to have them out to future events.

Now to the pictures - Ironically, my pictures are terrible. I have reached out to Jacob so I can post up the group picture with the what seemed like 50+ 55 gallon trash bags. Here are the few that I did get a chance to take today.
Image[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/0KsccsV.jpg)ImageImage

Sun May 06, 2018 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a great day out there with all of you today, I'm glad everyone had some good clean safe fun. Thank you all for the compliments on the Uzi, and more importantly for putting in the effort to make the huge difference for this pit.

as the last one out of the pit, I have some important info:

FOUND! A black folding chair was left by someone in our group at the pit, I've got it, please PM me so I can get it back to you.

FOUND! Someone in our group left an ammo can on the street, (Blended in with the grass) PM me the contents so I know its yours and I will get it back to you.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrisb9381 wrote:
That was a fun day. It's too bad we have to do that at all, but it was nice to meet some of you.

But not the others?

:ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun May 06, 2018 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Chrisb9381 wrote:
That was a fun day. It's too bad we have to do that at all, but it was nice to meet some of you.

But not the others?

:ROFLMAO:

Well with this crowd....

Mon May 07, 2018 4:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great work, guys! Matt, good on you for organizing the clean-up, and thanks to everyone who showed up to help. The pit looks WAAAAY better. Hopefully we can keep it open for a long time to come. I really wish I could have joined you all - maybe next time when I'm not Shanghai'd into going to Shanghai on short notice.

Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 am

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum after running into you guys during the cleanup effort. I'm the guy with the drone and white aug.
Just wanted to say that it was one of the best outdoor shooting experiences I've ever had, and I was more than happy to join the cleanup. I've mentioned this to some of you, but I've always tried cleaning these places up near sultan up, and it was amazing to actually see the results. (Most of the times I carry all I can out, with the range still looking utterly trashed)
Definitely the safest, most organized and friendliest group of people I've ever had a pleasure of shooting with. Thanks to Matt for organizing, and everyone for joining. Special thanks to delliottg for letting us all shoot your Mosin and Logizyme for letting me shoot the Uzi and for locating my ammo can I left behind.

I have a crazy busy week ahead of me, but I'll try to throw a short video together sometime soon using my drone footage.

Thank you all once again. I'm so glad I went that day.

Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

I was hoping some of you guys would join. It'd be very cool to see the drone video(s) from yesterday.

Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Here is a photo of all the garbage we had picked up. Unfortunately, a few people had left a this point/weren't in the picture.

Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW...just.... WOW.
This was WOW, I just really don't know how to describe it....WOW.
I am new to the gun world (5 years) and I have never experienced anything like this before.
I have shot a few times outside, but never with so many experienced shooters...and so many people shooting at once.
I was shell shocked at first....then.
Now I know what to expect next time and I will be prepared....
I am looking forward to the next one, so I can actually shoot some of you guns and just not be awed by it all.

It was great to be around so many like minded people....We are few and far between.
So many "different types" of people. For my ignorance of using a better term, describing the different ages, genders, backgrounds, experience, etc...
People from Microsoft?!?!?!? Well slap me down-VERY COOL!!!
Matt, Thank you very much, for setting this up!!! (and the next one, once you get settled into your new place) It was a pleasure to meet you (and everyone else)

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE..This was an experience that I will never forget...and I have seen some shit-haha

Until we meet again

-Jason-

Mon May 07, 2018 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SnowGhost wrote:
Hi everyone......

welcomewgo It was good to meet you. Come back to any future group events.

I had a great time, despite the fact that I locked my keys in my goddamn car and spent an hour and a half dealing with that :facepalm2:

More importantly, my stepson also had a fantastic time. With no gloves in his size, I gave him strict orders to only pick up paper garbage. He ended up mostly searching for intact clay pigeons, of which he found 42 total.

I didn't get many pictures, but here's a couple.

From the top of the very end of the backstop. This is only maybe half of the people we had present.

The pile of garbage bags when I left. I wish I'd been able to stick around for the group picture, but I had to take the kiddo out to meet his dad.

Thanks Matt, for making this happen! And of course everyone else who came out.

I plan on hosting a group shoot in the next couple of months. I don't think the pit I have in mind is in need of a cleaning, but I will scout it soon and report back.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon May 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile WWW

dimwit13 wrote:
WOW...just.... WOW.
This was WOW, I just really don't know how to describe it....WOW.
I am new to the gun world (5 years) and I have never experienced anything like this before.
I have shot a few times outside, but never with so many experienced shooters...and so many people shooting at once.
I was shell shocked at first....then.
Now I know what to expect next time and I will be prepared....
I am looking forward to the next one, so I can actually shoot some of you guns and just not be awed by it all.

It was great to be around so many like minded people....We are few and far between.
So many "different types" of people. For my ignorance of using a better term, describing the different ages, genders, backgrounds, experience, etc...
People from Microsoft?!?!?!? Well slap me down-VERY COOL!!!
Matt, Thank you very much, for setting this up!!! (and the next one, once you get settled into your new place) It was a pleasure to meet you (and everyone else)

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE..This was an experience that I will never forget...and I have seen some shit-haha

Until we meet again

-Jason-

I totally agree with this sentiment. I'm glad everyone had such a great time. I'll be sure to organize a group shoot now that the spot is all cleaned up :bigsmile:

Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Holy shit, you guys are freaking ROCK STARS!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

What an awesome turnout, and a great job with the cleanup! The shoot at the end looks like it was a ton of fun, too.

THANK YOU ALL!! This is the type of event that truly makes a difference to our sport.

Matt, thank you for the fantastic organizing job! :thumbsup2:

If anyone wants to join us this coming Saturday for a similar event at Greenwater, in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, check this out:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=89292

We can do this, south-enders! :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YES! very good turnout and very good work. We need more people organizing these cleans like this in different areas. Also make sure the DNR knows what you've done that day. Hope some of you can make it to the greenwater clean and shoot this saturday 5-12

Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm

MADrtcw wrote:
YES! very good turnout and very good work. We need more people organizing these cleans like this in different areas. Also make sure the DNR knows what you've done that day. Hope some of you can make it to the greenwater clean and shoot this saturday 5-12

The DNR was involved in this cleanup and provided trash bags, gloves and disposal. It really is what made this possible!

Thu May 10, 2018 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

matt_brownies wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

The DNR was involved in this cleanup and provided trash bags, gloves and disposal. It really is what made this possible!

Was there a warden there at the cleanup ? Did you happen to get this name ?

Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next