Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 ("eastside" May 6th) Sultan Basin RD Shooting and Cleanup 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MADrtcw wrote:
matt_brownies wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
YES! very good turnout and very good work. We need more people organizing these cleans like this in different areas. Also make sure the DNR knows what you've done that day. Hope some of you can make it to the greenwater clean and shoot this saturday 5-12

The DNR was involved in this cleanup and provided trash bags, gloves and disposal. It really is what made this possible!

Was there a warden there at the cleanup ? Did you happen to get this name ?

Read the post at the top of the previous page. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure how i missed that :bonghit:
MadPick wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
matt_brownies wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
YES! very good turnout and very good work. We need more people organizing these cleans like this in different areas. Also make sure the DNR knows what you've done that day. Hope some of you can make it to the greenwater clean and shoot this saturday 5-12

The DNR was involved in this cleanup and provided trash bags, gloves and disposal. It really is what made this possible!

Thu May 10, 2018 7:41 pm

MADrtcw wrote:
Not sure how i missed that :bonghit:
MadPick wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
matt_brownies wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

I PM'd you contact info.

Thu May 10, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I went up there yesterday to sight in a couple rifles, and while it was obvious a group clean-up had recently taken place, it was also obvious that the same asshats who trashed it in the first place have been back. My buddy and I hauled out some larger pieces but forgot trash bags, so we had to leave the smaller stuff for another day. Someone had piled up a bunch of garbage in one big pile, which I suppose is better than having it strewn all over, but it's still an eyesore. We need to get some WaGuns signs posted up there. I'd be happy to take them if I can get my hands on them.

Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 am

Guns4Liberty wrote:
So, I went up there yesterday to sight in a couple rifles, and while it was obvious a group clean-up had recently taken place, it was also obvious that the same asshats who trashed it in the first place have been back. My buddy and I hauled out some larger pieces but forgot trash bags, so we had to leave the smaller stuff for another day. Someone had piled up a bunch of garbage in one big pile, which I suppose is better than having it strewn all over, but it's still an eyesore. We need to get some WaGuns signs posted up there. I'd be happy to take them if I can get my hands on them.

Thats really too bad to hear. I haven't had a chance to get up there as I move next week. However, I did speak to the DNR about setting up game cams at the spot to catch these people and they didn't have a problem with it. Maybe some of the people here that hunt can temporarily donate game cams, or I will buy some el-cheapos myself and see what happens.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heading out there this morning 6am to check it out and shoot.
Clean/haul what I can.
Bringing a new shooter. I got him interested in guns/shooting. I took him to the range a couple weeks ago....he went out and got his CPL and is looking for his first pistol. He and his wife are going to take a gun class....more for her.
I also have another coworker that wants to go shoot. That is 3 new shooters in a couple months. They plan on passing the word.

We still need to get another clean shoot st up. Hopefully more shoot than clean.

-dimwit-

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I went back out there today and shot 2000 rounds of 22lr, through 2-10/22's and a 100 year old Remington pump, Octagon barrel.
I also shot 150 rounds through my Full Size M&P 40. I had to replace the striker assembly....It shot flawlessly.
The Remington is in great shape and a better shooter. It's been a Great gun for 100 years and for another 100 to come.
The 10/22's are, well 10/22's.
We were the first ones there and by ourselves for an hour and then 2 other people showed up.
When we left, 3 hours later, there were 25+ people there.
We only had 1 minor incident. Someone started shooting, without calling hot range, after a cold range and target check/change. Everyone was behind the firing line, so there wasn't any chance of anyone getting shot, but I can bet you, that the few people that were standing a few feet away, were pissed as hell, when he fired the shotgun and they didn't have ears on/in.

We had a blast. This is the third time I have taken my friend out. It is only his third time shooting and he is hooked. He already has his CPL (his wife soon) and plans on taking a handgun class with the misses. He is picking up a Sig 320? for his CCW and of course the 10/22-haha. He is actually getting married this Saturday, so It was a great way to relieve stress.

It is starting to get really trashed again, time to set up another Clean and Shoot....Hint, Hint
Matt, you settled into the house yet...Probably need some sort of stress release-haha

-dimwit-

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:46 am

Sorry if this is a day late and a dollar short (or if it was covered earlier in this thread), but where exactly is this shooting place? I used to shoot in the Sultan basin for years and years before it closed down and would love to shoot there again. We always pack up our trash and brass. Any info or directions would be awesome. A PM would suffice.

Thanks!

~Gregg

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:20 am

glockorama wrote:
Sorry if this is a day late and a dollar short (or if it was covered earlier in this thread), but where exactly is this shooting place? I used to shoot in the Sultan basin for years and years before it closed down and would love to shoot there again. We always pack up our trash and brass. Any info or directions would be awesome. A PM would suffice.

Thanks!

~Gregg

Hi Greg,

I'm happy to PM you the location since you've been around here a while. I'm happy to hear you will be doing some cleaning. Please encourage others to do so as well as join us for the next cleanup!

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello All,

I've only been out shooting once since I've moved, but now I have a bunch of steel targets for the next cleanup. The girlfriend is going to Europe the month of September, so I will try and spin up a group shoot/cleanup for that time.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

matt_brownies wrote:
Hello All,

I've only been out shooting once since I've moved, but now I have a bunch of steel targets for the next cleanup. The girlfriend is going to Europe the month of September, so I will try and spin up a group shoot/cleanup for that time.

Good to hear from you.
Hope the move went well....?
I have been out 5 times since the cleanup, picked up what I could but I didn't have a lot of room.
I have been making some target stands...for Paper and Steel.

Let us know when in September and what we can help with...We as in, the people that plan to attend.
Maybe start earlier and shoot longer?

-dimwit-

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:58 pm

dimwit13 wrote:
matt_brownies wrote:
Hello All,

Good to hear from you.
Hope the move went well....?
I have been out 5 times since the cleanup, picked up what I could but I didn't have a lot of room.
I have been making some target stands...for Paper and Steel.

Let us know when in September and what we can help with...We as in, the people that plan to attend.
Maybe start earlier and shoot longer?

-dimwit-

Yeah the move went well! Thank you for asking. The one time I went out I ran into the guys that brought the steel last time and got their contact info. They are interested in joining for a second clean up as well.

Unfortunately, it looks like DNR isn't allowing shooting until after 9/30 due to wildfires. I think that makes Saturday, 10/6/2018 a prime weekend to do our cleanup. I still have to make sure that is 100% going to work for me since it's so far in advance. I will spin up a thread in the coming weeks when I find out.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9