Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Larch Mountain, Clark County, Wa 

I was wondering if anybody in Southwest Washington has been out to Larch MT for any shooting? From what I've been able to find, there is a rock pit/quarry to shoot at...anybody??

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Vince
United States Marine Corps '94-'00
NRA Member

Tue May 10, 2011 7:58 pm

There are lots of places to shoot on Larch, but the rock pit you are asking about is at 45.718376,-122.317228 (copy and paste to maps.google.com and you'll see it) Depending on the weather and day of week you'll find a few or alot of people there. But, like I said... there are more places to shoot in the area.

Where every you end up going, you'll want to take an AWD, SUV or 4x4 up there as there can be some large rocks/debris that could damage a typical passenger car.

Good luck!

Mon May 30, 2011 10:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TerryS wrote:
There are lots of places to shoot on Larch, but the rock pit you are asking about is at 45.718376,-122.317228 (copy and paste to maps.google.com and you'll see it) Depending on the weather and day of week you'll find a few or alot of people there. But, like I said... there are more places to shoot in the area.

Where every you end up going, you'll want to take an AWD, SUV or 4x4 up there as there can be some large rocks/debris that could damage a typical passenger car.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the type of vehicles. I will update the map to reflect that. WaGuns Shooting Areas

Oh and TerryS!!!!!!! Welcome to WaGuns

Tue May 31, 2011 7:03 am
Profile WWW

Please be awear that at the "rock pit at Larch Mt." there is a Correctional Facility (LCC) :ballchain: just over the hill (north). I have worked there for the last 4 years, and have had rnds impact our buildings, walkways and POV's. I am surprised that no one has been hit yet. :whatthe: Just saying, Know your target and what is behind and beyond it ! :snipersmilie:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

XtrmTJ wrote:
Please be awear that at the "rock pit at Larch Mt." there is a Correctional Facility (LCC) :ballchain: just over the hill (north). I have worked there for the last 4 years, and have had rnds impact our buildings, walkways and POV's. I am surprised that no one has been hit yet. :whatthe: Just saying, Know your target and what is behind and beyond it ! :snipersmilie:

Wow! :doh1:

Great info. Sometimes it's easy to get complacent.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Quick update, Sat, 3-3-12, at approx. 1530 hours, two (2) groups of shooters were "target" shooting less then 150 yards from LCC, (Larch Correctional Center), rounds were impacting inside our perimeter. I am amazed that no one has been hit, "yet". PLEASE, do not target shoot near LCC.
Thanks
Smitty

Last edited by XtrmTJ on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XtrmTJ wrote:
Quick update, Sat, 3-3-12, at approx. 1530 hours, two (2) groups of shooters were "target" shooting less then 150 yards from LCC, (Larch Correctional Center), rounds were impacting inside our perimeter. I am amazed that one one has been hit, "yet". PLEASE, do not target shoot near LCC.
Thanks
Smitty

why is that? they are just a bunch of inmats and C/O's :bringit: :ROFLMAO:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Cos they don't pay me to get shot at any more ! :frust:
Semper Fi
Smitty

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]