Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Rifle spots around bonney lake

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 am

Anyone been up to greenwater that you can sight in a rifle at 200 to 500 yards? I got a 6.5creedmoor I wana hone. Places I been dont reach that far. Does anyone have any suggestions? Btw happy new year everyone!

Re: Rifle spots around bonney lake

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Yes. When you head up to the Greenwater pit, there is a long clearcut to the right of the pit itself that you have to walk to. Easily 700 yards long and uphill so it provides a natural backstop. You'll need to use a rangefinder or the ol' pace count.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

This time of year the weather can be tricky up in Greenwater. Don't forget the Tacoma Sportsman off of Canyon near Military. They are set up with a covered area, shooting benches and places to hold your targets. Nice place to just sight a rifle, one bullet at a time.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 pm

hkcavalier wrote:Yes. When you head up to the Greenwater pit, there is a long clearcut to the right of the pit itself that you have to walk to. Easily 700 yards long and uphill so it provides a natural backstop. You'll need to use a rangefinder or the ol' pace count.

Pretty sure that's a no trespassing area. Could be wrong though Or thinking of another area up there.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:02 pm

vic_b wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:Yes. When you head up to the Greenwater pit, there is a long clearcut to the right of the pit itself that you have to walk to. Easily 700 yards long and uphill so it provides a natural backstop. You'll need to use a rangefinder or the ol' pace count.

Pretty sure that's a no trespassing area. Could be wrong though Or thinking of another area up there.

I was up there in March and everything was fine. It's very close to the pit. Never seen any signs.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:54 pm

If its the same spot, before they logged the road going into it, there were several. I always wanted to sneak in there and do some long range shooting but didn't want to suffer the consequences.
Post a reply