Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Places to do a 50yd zero?

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 am

Looking for an outdoor spot to do a 50yd zero. Prefer an area where I can set up my own table, spotter, and target. Does the triangle pit in Olympia have enough level ground for this?
Last edited by Seattle206 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Places to do a 50yd zero?

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:36 am

Seattle206 wrote:Looking for an outdoor spot to do a 50yd zero. Prefer a area where I can set up my own table, spotter, and target. Does the triangle pit in Olympia have enough level ground for this?

Triangle does, as does the upper quarry. You can also go to Greenwater, the pit and clearcut there also both match your needs.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 am

Massivedesign wrote:
Seattle206 wrote:Looking for an outdoor spot to do a 50yd zero. Prefer a area where I can set up my own table, spotter, and target. Does the triangle pit in Olympia have enough level ground for this?

Triangle does, as does the upper quarry. You can also go to Greenwater, the pit and clearcut there also both match your needs.

Thank you. I'll get out there early when it opens to get the rifles sighted before the crowds show up.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

For $15 the Issaquah range will also do the trick. Benches, sand bags, 25, 50 & 100 yard targets and they don't have a problem with you picking up your brass to reload. Heck you'll save the admission cost in gas

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 am

Classic wrote:For $15 the Issaquah range will also do the trick. Benches, sand bags, 25, 50 & 100 yard targets and they don't have a problem with you picking up your brass to reload. Heck you'll save the admission cost in gas

Agreed
Plus: (I'm going from memory as I've only been to Iss. range once)

Safer (less chance of running into ignorant or neglectful shooters; set cease fires)
Cleaner (no trash)
More comfortable (shooting benches, overhead cover)
Known ranges (distances are set by target stands )

Marysville Rifle Club also has a public day (Thursdays). They charge $10 or $15

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:50 am

Ditto to the previous posts about saving gas and avoiding idiots.

Another option is Kenmore. Mon-Friday from Noon to Dusk and 9 AM to Dusk on Sat/Sunday. Also, lots of experienced shooters more than willing to help if you have problems.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Triangle pit is great at 10am on a dry morning most don't show up till after 11:30 am just went Nov 28

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Depalmaj wrote:Triangle pit is great at 10am on a dry morning most don't show up till after 11:30 am just went Nov 28

You must be talking about weekdays. :bigsmile:

Welcome to WaGuns!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

Kudos to Issaquah. You can load 10 rounds in the magazine (unlike kenmore just 1). You can shoot your rile while standing. From the same bench you have both 50 & 100 yards (unlike kenmore where you would need to move to another bench). You can hang soda jugs/cans as long as you clean your stuff. You can shoot steel case ammo (as long as you put them in the garbage can). They started selling ammo recently. This is my current go-to range.

EDIT: but it is true that most range masters in kenmore ranges would be happy to help you with anything. There is a couple of them that have helped me with sight and even shared a shot.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Is this the Issaquah Sportman Club? I thought it was only open to members. Im looking for a place local to the east side to zero as well and don’t mind paying a small use fee.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 pm

https://www.issaquahsportsmensclub.com/index.php/faq/68-does-the-rifle-range-offer-public-access

Seems like it's $15 a day for their rifle range for non-members.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 pm

If you are willing to travel to the Triangle pit, you could drive just a little farther to Evergreen Sportsman's Club. It has the same conveniences and similar set up to Issaquah. Covered benches, spotting scope, target boards and stands, sight-in targets, etc... You can select your distances up to 100 yards, and very helpful RSO's who are happy to assist you. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday 11AM to 4:00pm (open to 5pm in the summer). $15 to shoot all day for non-members, $10 for LEO and active duty military, $5 for members to shoot all day. $75 for annual membership. www.shootesc.org
Let us know how it goes.
:wagwoot:
Post a reply