Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Outdoor shooting pits around Tacoma

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I apologize if this has been answered in a previous thread or if I'm posting incorrectly.

I'm looking for a shooting pit similar to the triangle pit in capital forest. I'm now unable to drive into areas like the triangle pit because I now own a car instead of a truck.
Does anyone know of any outdoor shooting areas like the triangle pit that is accessible by car. I'm already aware of the new WGS and Tacoma sportsmen. Thanks everyone.

Re: Outdoor shooting pits around Tacoma

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:01 am

WAshooter253 wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post so I apologize if this has been answered in a previous thread or if I'm posting incorrectly.

I'm looking for a shooting pit similar to the triangle pit in capital forest. I'm now unable to drive into areas like the triangle pit because I now own a car instead of a truck.
Does anyone know of any outdoor shooting areas like the triangle pit that is accessible by car. I'm already aware of the new WGS and Tacoma sportsmen. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to WaGuns! At the top of the screen, there is a link to our map of shooting areas. There are a few indoor and outdoor areas close to Tacoma, but nothing like the pits of Capitol Forest.

I am curious why you having a car would limit your use of the triangle pit? It's directly off a paved road. The upper pit is also accessible by car, but has a few more small bumps along that way.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks for the reply Massivedesign. I appreciate your input and to answer your question it's because I want to baby my new vehicle and I am also remembering the roads being a little more bumpier than you described. I haven't been since last summer and I'm probably remembering it wrong. I will definitely check it out this weekend. Happy Fourth and I'll be sure to check out the shooting area map. Thanks again!

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

For the triangle pit, you pull off the road into a parking lot, and then walk to the pit. There is no driving over dirt roads.
Post a reply