Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 green water lower shooting hole Private land 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I was out shooting and did some trail driving today. While I was shooting a Sheriff stopped by to inform me I was not able to shoot on the lower section I am only able to shot in the NFS areas as the land I was shooting on was private property to the Hancook or Handcock I forgot already.The sheriff was cool he was on a mission as he pasted us earlier flying up the hill. then came flying back down the hill...

I just thought I should let you know.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you talking about this place from the map?

Greenwater Shooting Pit
Forest Road 70

A group from SGN supposedly went up there today and did some shooting/cleaning. If this is true that's a bummer. I have a 870 that I wanted to break in tomorrow.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

there are several along NFR 70 this is the lower one know of 4 pits up there I always go to the 1st and the 3rd one the other 2 I know of are across the way from the normal pit... as for the coordinates I am not sure as to where it would be...

But to make it easy you can shoot up there but you have to pass the Bathroom at that Bend just have to be on National forest Land and you are good to shoot away. I didn't see anyone up there cleaning other than brass I clean my mess and some of the mess that was left behind in my little shooting area.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:58 am
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the new place that has popped up thats on the left side of the road before the main pit is private land. The main pit a few hundred yards up to the right with the sign and barriers is public land

"Sent via my own personal defense satellite"

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spikedzombies wrote:
the new place that has popped up thats on the left side of the road before the main pit is private land. The main pit a few hundred yards up to the right with the sign and barriers is public land

"Sent via my own personal defense satellite"

I call that Place pit #2 I do not like to shoot at that one for reasons of Lack of a Back stop it just shoots in to the woods. Being I am all over the woods up there last thing I need is strays raining down on me..

the one up the road is forest land everything above the sign below is forest land nothing above the National forest sign is private land per the Forestland personal and if you drive past the barriers less than a 1/4 mile there will be another road a with another pit I call that one pit #4

there are places below on the left where people shoot by the creek look to be cool little spots I camped over there for hunting season. we need to get a group of folks and Go up shooting...

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 am
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the clarification guys. Ended up shooting trap at rf&g this am to break in my shotgun.

Planning to head there next sun with a couple of friends....if you see an obnoxious looking 4runner up there, come by and say hi.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

token3495 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification guys. Ended up shooting trap at rf&g this am to break in my shotgun.

Planning to head there next sun with a couple of friends....if you see an obnoxious looking 4runner up there, come by and say hi.

I will also be up there next sunday rain or shine I like hitting the roads off the beaten Path there.... I will be in my Toyo pick up...

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lower pit is a zoo, and the pit around the corner just above it is not much better. If you are in the lower pit and hear rounds whizzing overhead? They are coming from the upper pit.
That place is an accident waiting to happen.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
The lower pit is a zoo, and the pit around the corner just above it is not much better. If you are in the lower pit and hear rounds whizzing overhead? They are coming from the upper pit.
That place is an accident waiting to happen.

I never heard any whizzing over my head at the lower pit are we talking about the same pit?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:05 am
Profile YIM

I've never been down there. Is this place any good?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haven't been here either (plans changed last weekend) but after reading this on SGN, i'm second guessing heading out there.

Quote - MADrtcw:
I probably seen a few of you guys there before. I was there today(lower pit) 7-1-12. It was nice at about 7:30am then about 10:am too many people in the surrounding area were shooting. A bunch of strays were going overhead and a group shooting next us was just about to leave when a stray hit his back window and blew it out in his pick up. He had family with him. Then a few more very close, i swear it was on purpose, there was just too many flying overhead. He drove up the to the second pit? and they pretty much told him to fuck off in a threatening manner and kept shooting. I won't go back there again and i suggest anyone thinking about don't either, not worth dealing with those A-holes.

Quote - Barfly:
We were up in the upper pit yesterday and while we were there, somebody came up to ask people to be careful, said that there were some ricochets. We were shooting into a berm, but decided to change the direction we were shooting towards anyways, just to be safe. The two old timer jackasses next to us where shooting straight up the center with an AK. He was bouncing off the gravel and taking small tree limbs down. Eventually some Rangers came by to talk to everybody up there about the time we were leaving, and the guy next to us just kept shooting the same direction.
We had the same issue last weekend with ricochets zinging over our heads, which is why we went to the upper pit. We didn't get out there till around 1:30-2:00 unfortunately. I prefer the lower pit, but after last weekend, and now hearing about this, we might just start shooting somewhere else later in the day.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this is Intresting I never heard of any bullets flying over my head I get up there quite often. At least twice a month some times every weekend. I mainly shoot the lower Pit before the national forest area. To me that is the lower pit which is to the right of the creek. in the logged out section. people shoot all over the place up there so there is no telling where the bullets could be coming from...

The second Pit I never go to as it has a back stop that faces the road and open every where else around that pit to me that is not safe to shot. this one is to the left of the road just before the pit with the concrete berms and gate. That Pit I cannot see how to get bullets out of it unless your a complete Jack ass ( not saying you). As there are Back stops everywhere but the shooting into the road or shooting at the berms where you Park. the one above that one I rarely shoot at but it is a sand backing and higher than the rest of the Pits....

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hopefully they are just isolated incidences.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:45 pm

That sounds quite bad. There's nothing more dangerous than some Dirtbags with Guns!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Wow, makes me not mind paying a few bucks to go to Evergreen.....

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next