Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 green water lower shooting hole Private land 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:
this is Intresting I never heard of any bullets flying over my head I get up there quite often. At least twice a month some times every weekend. I mainly shoot the lower Pit before the national forest area. To me that is the lower pit which is to the right of the creek. in the logged out section. people shoot all over the place up there so there is no telling where the bullets could be coming from...

The second Pit I never go to as it has a back stop that faces the road and open every where else around that pit to me that is not safe to shot. this one is to the left of the road just before the pit with the concrete berms and gate. That Pit I cannot see how to get bullets out of it unless your a complete Jack ass ( not saying you). As there are Back stops everywhere but the shooting into the road or shooting at the berms where you Park. the one above that one I rarely shoot at but it is a sand backing and higher than the rest of the Pits....

The clearcut is a couple miles before the main "Lower pit". That clearcut spot is relatively new and has it's own set of issues.
The sand pit you're referring to is the "upper pit" above the main "lower pit" shooting area.
The lower pit has rounds sailing overhead from the people in the "upper pit", (sand pit).
That's because the jackasses miss the low berms in in the sand pit and the bullets deflect off the tree's and down towards the large "lower pit".
The large "lower pit" is where the father accidently shot and killed his son on 2001...That's the one with the concrete jersey barriers.
I will not shoot there.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

aww okay yeah the clear cut is Private land

I always shot there I never go to the as you call it the lower pit. before the main pit. I do not see how it is safe to shot there too many roads and only back stop is facing the road. other than that it is the tops of trees to stop bullets from flying out... I shoot where the jersey barriers depending on who is there. I do go to a couple other spots out there where I am all by myself and no issues anywhere around me.

I can see who the Bullets fly over on the lower pit from the main one they are all just about lined up.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heya Just in joy.

I wondered why I haven't seen you in the clearcut hill area lately. I too have been finding the quieter smaller spots further along the road system. Hope to see you around the woods again soon. Brian

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2