Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Oso/Darrington honey hole. Road closed.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Just a FYI to anyone heading up there.

Went up there to function test a weapon and found the road closed about 200m down on C Post Road.

Re: Oso/Darrington honey hole. Road closed.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

That's been closed for a while hasn't it?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes, C-Post road has been closed for a while. Not sure why or when it actually became closed, but I think it may have something to do with the Oso landslide. I just continue down 530 for this little honey hole, 48.283528,-121.651361.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:45 pm

byrdman wrote:Yes, C-Post road has been closed for a while. Not sure why or when it actually became closed, but I think it may have something to do with the Oso landslide. I just continue down 530 for this little honey hole, 48.283528,-121.651361.

Are you accessing that via here: 48.269827, -121.642842 ?

I really want to go try out a honey hole with my new optic when I am home next week.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Yes, that was the spot I accessed it from. I was out there last fall, maybe four months ago looking for a place to shoot and found this one, there were several people using it at the time. The pit looked pretty junky, full of garbage and used targets, hopefully it will get cleaned up and remain open.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 pm

byrdman wrote:Yes, that was the spot I accessed it from. I was out there last fall, maybe four months ago looking for a place to shoot and found this one, there were several people using it at the time. The pit looked pretty junky, full of garbage and used targets, hopefully it will get cleaned up and remain open.

If I go I will bring some big garbage bags and fill my truck. I will do what I can. I will try and remember to get pics too. Not 100% sure I will get up there but we will see.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 am

Wonder if the snows have cleared from it yet. I, too, will bring some large bags and take some stuff out. Always interested in a new place to shoot.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:35 pm

I was asking my uncle the other day about shooting up near Darrington. He lives about 5 miles from the Oso slide area. He was saying the Sheriff was trying to stop all shooting up near there. Not sure how true that is since Sheriff and my uncle hate each other(2 stubborn a*sholes). Im tempted to call up to the Sheriffs office and just ask if theres a spot they will allow shooting, and let them know if there are any spots to shoot then I would gladly do some clean-up while there. I miss the days of just driving up a remote logging road, finding a nice open spot with natural back stop and fire away. I'm getting tired of having to resort to the 1 round at a time ranges close to where I live. I still go, but you would figure If a person is willing to show ID and obey the range rules(display safety and responsibility) they would allow more than 1 round. Only thing I dont understand is that they allow 5 rounds in a 22 such as a 10/22 but not an AR.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:19 pm

from 2013 re sheriff

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threa ... ng.141164/

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:21 pm

I remember it being closed in the month after the slide (2014) but that was really due to the river situation and corps of engineers.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:06 am

was up there in Early Feb 2018... road still closed

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm

48.357392, -121.522213

48.343304, -121.532530

just passed the Suiattle River road on 530

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm

We'll be out that way later this spring for some shotgunning, I'll try to report back on what we find.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 am

Omw down there after work to check it out, may head shoot there this weekend with some coworkers if it accessible
Post a reply