Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sedro Woolly Honey Hole 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

centericks wrote:
Went up there a few weeks ago and found it closed again for some work going on around the pit.
Is there a web sight that I can find out the status of the pit before I drive 1.5 hours?

Yes. The DNR posts closures of the Harry Osbourne Wilderness on it website.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a buddy, who heard there has been serious discussion about keeping it closed. You hear anything of the sort?

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

centericks wrote:
Went up there a few weeks ago and found it closed again for some work going on around the pit.
Is there a web sight that I can find out the status of the pit before I drive 1.5 hours?

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/Blanchard
Look for Harry Osborne Forest under the Recreation section.
Quote:
Recreation Alert: As of Thursday, Jan. 24, the Medford Pit will temporarily close to ensure public safety during nearby timber harvest activities. Check back for updates.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 am

awesome, thanks so much

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am

I'm new here, bumping this post as I would also like to know of any open shoot areas in the area.

I would also volunteer to be a part of any cleanup groups

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reverend Ragdoll wrote:
I'm new here, bumping this post as I would also like to know of any open shoot areas in the area.

Welcome, Toby! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reverend Ragdoll wrote:

I would contact the local DNR office.

Northwest Region Office
360-856-3500
northwest.region@dnr.wa.gov
919 N Township St.,
Sedro Woolley, WA 98284-9384

I saw on BSVMB that Medford was open again, but definitely call or email the DNR office before heading out there. They were super helpful when I called last month and even emailed me some alternate shooting locations.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:28 am

Thanks for the info. :)

Fri May 11, 2018 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

48.343843, -121.532702

48.358185, -121.520802

Both areas were being used actively as of last weekend for target shooting.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
I saw on BSVMB that Medford was open again, but definitely call or email the DNR office before heading out there. They were super helpful when I called last month and even emailed me some alternate shooting locations.

Interesting...the DNR web page for Harry Osborne Forest still shows that it's closed. Perhaps nobody has bothered to update it.

Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I live right under Medford pit and I have been watching the website saying it was closed but I heard rumor it was open so 2 days ago on my way home I drove up to the pit since it is only 5 minutes from my home. There were no signs saying it was closed and there was not any no shooting signs, in fact they added new signs with the rules for shooting and the hour they are open. I drove around the pit and it looked completely open. Time to go shooting boys!!

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat May 12, 2018 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
I live right under Medford pit and I have been watching the website saying it was closed but I heard rumor it was open so 2 days ago on my way home I drove up to the pit since it is only 5 minutes from my home. There were no signs saying it was closed and there was not any no shooting signs, in fact they added new signs with the rules for shooting and the hour they are open. I drove around the pit and it looked completely open. Time to go shooting boys!!

Nice! It figures that my schedule is full Mon-Wed when the temps are supposed to be near or in the eighties...

When you get ready to drag that smoker up there too, let me know, David, and I will move heaven and earth to get there

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 12, 2018 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet. Medford is not my favorite because of the asshats and tweaks, but at 12 on a Thursday it can be a great place to shoot.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 am

called middle of last week and was told it was open, went up yesterday and had a great time.
we must have picked up close to 300 shotgun shells, and their were tons more... maybe next time I'll bring a rake to make it easier.
People need to clean up after themselves or else we'll lose it as a place to shoot.

Mon May 28, 2018 7:43 am

Hi Everyone, Im new to the site. My name is Rick, I live in Oak Harbor. Is anyone going out plinking today or tomorrow?

Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next