Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Capitol forest !?!?!!! Keep it clean 

Why can't people simply just pick up their own shells and shit that they bring out? It is very simple and easy. If you can bring it out, you can bring it back!! It is horrible how bad it is getting and will ruin it for everyone if people don't start caring. Don't be an asshole, just pick up your shit!! Thank you :-)

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

:plusone:

And not just at Capitol Forest, either!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Yes your right :-)

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:39 pm
FFL / Dealer

Agreed, I spent a lot of time up there hunting and shooting and even though I carry out some trash Everytime I leave there is still more and more. Really irritates me that there people who leave the trash will be the first to complain when it's shut down. I've turned in a few people over the years.

Fesselmen Firearms
19810 OLD HWY 99SW
Suite 6
Rochester, WA 98579
(360)858-7140
http://www.fesselmenfirearms.com

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:24 am
Profile WWW

Nice!! Yes thank you

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am

Up North, same problem! Lazy F'ers just leave their Sh!t laying around after their done as though mom will come through and clean it up for them, just ridiculous and irresponsible. :cussing:! I always leave with at least one full bag of trash, of which typically 95% is recyclable; plastics, paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum, etc. The sad reality is :crybaby: more and more places will get shutdown with "NO SHOOTING" signs. :angryfire:

I do feel a little self conscience about my shooting setup when other people arrive to share the pit, I've got my tarp spread out to catch brass, garbage bag ready for trash, steel targets on reusable stands, but, when I pack up and leave I feel good about it because it looks like no one was even there. thumbsup

My hope is, that by setting a good example other people will follow. I also keep some of those one page flyers (that I got from this forum thumbsup ) on hand just in case someone wants to discuss shooting on public land, but so far haven't had any takers. I would like think that the people leaving the mess aren't aware of the rules and just need a little education.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to let out some pent-up frustrations. :frust:

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's keep up the good work. Let the area know WAGUNs are the clean guys.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard Capitol forest has been shut down? Any truth to it?

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hollywoodbrandon wrote:
Why can't people simply just pick up their own shells and shit that they bring out? It is very simple and easy. If you can bring it out, you can bring it back!! It is horrible how bad it is getting and will ruin it for everyone if people don't start caring. Don't be an asshole, just pick up your shit!! Thank you :-)

Hope to see you out there with us cleaning up next season. Believe me we're working on keep these sites open.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

byrdman wrote:
Up North, same problem! Lazy F'ers just leave their Sh!t laying around after their done as though mom will come through and clean it up for them, just ridiculous and irresponsible. :cussing:! I always leave with at least one full bag of trash, of which typically 95% is recyclable; plastics, paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum, etc. The sad reality is :crybaby: more and more places will get shutdown with "NO SHOOTING" signs. :angryfire:

I do feel a little self conscience about my shooting setup when other people arrive to share the pit, I've got my tarp spread out to catch brass, garbage bag ready for trash, steel targets on reusable stands, but, when I pack up and leave I feel good about it because it looks like no one was even there. thumbsup

My hope is, that by setting a good example other people will follow. I also keep some of those one page flyers (that I got from this forum thumbsup ) on hand just in case someone wants to discuss shooting on public land, but so far haven't had any takers. I would like think that the people leaving the mess aren't aware of the rules and just need a little education.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to let out some pent-up frustrations. :frust:

Nice first post. Welcome 1+ year later.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADrtcw wrote:
Hollywoodbrandon wrote:

Hope to see you out there with us cleaning up next season. Believe me we're working on keep these sites open.

When and where? I assume you're headed out there to shoot as well as clean. As long as I can do both, I'm in.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

reginald_burrito wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
Hollywoodbrandon wrote:

When and where? I assume you're headed out there to shoot as well as clean. As long as I can do both, I'm in.

Won't be for awhile. Usually the first clean and shoots of the new year start to get organized late march-April. Just make sure you check the other events thread every so often; that is where time and place will get posted.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 am

You guys are awesome. I would be happy to help clean up whenever. It's beautiful there and would like to keep it that way. :-) so we can shoot and hunt and do manly shit lol

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]