Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New to WA looking for a less busy place 

Hey all,

New here and to WA, currently residing in So. King, looking for a less busy place and hopefully more west than the Greenwater pit which we checked out already. Im an avid camper and one of those guys that picks up everyone's trash to make sure I fill my bags with what I can. Just me and my family right now, so prefer a little more privacy while we are out. I already have my CPL for WA state and am a very responsible gun owner, I bring my own steel targets so no trash :).

I tried to use the map in the sticky, see that its down and that others have acknowledged that already. If anyone has tips or wouldnt mind sharing, you could PM me some coords, I travel with GPS. If not the Greenwater Pit was nice just a bit far. Thanks!

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think there's a public shooting area like you describe, or else people would be going there vs. Greenwater.

Private, sure, lots of places if you know the owner...

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Well lets get technical here, I was browsing this - http://your.kingcounty.gov/ftp/gis/Web/ ... ea_Map.pdf, and if you check out the green river where it continues east from Palmer Vicinity (Palmer Junction) there looks to be a bunch of "white" space out there that is not classified as a non-shooting area. Im just not familiar with that area, is it all gated or private? Or can we get up in those hills to hike and find a spot?

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:58 pm

On a side note; if anyone has land and an area safe to shoot, I would be very interested in purchasing a "yearly" pass to use said land. Would be happy to update every year, guaranteed clean up after any visit. Probably a long shot but I got to check my options.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you've been to Greenwater, you're next to one of the better places to shoot. Just keep going east on same road, at snowmobile parking stay towards the right and keep going until you find a spot, but now you've got to wait until spring. Bring a map..
Up on the crest you can find 1000+ yards for shooting, and there's a rock face at one area if you've got a good spotter, an some doping experience with wind and angle.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]