Alpine-

Can you share the recipe for the sauce you used on that dish :bigsmile:

Thanks for being a gentleman. :thumbsup2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 am

I have shot at the gravel pit on 70 since I was a kid, I remember when they shut the pit down for the FS to use it for their construction equipment to sit on while they were doing road work. After they did that it seemed like no matter what road you drove down, there was an old fridge or washer on the side of it shot full of holes. We became our own worst enemy. We should have designated shooting areas at least to cut down on littering in the national forest. Otherwise if they shut down the pits again, with all the new shooters it will be pandemonium.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
I have shot at the gravel pit on 70 since I was a kid, I remember when they shut the pit down for the FS to use it for their construction equipment to sit on while they were doing road work. After they did that it seemed like no matter what road you drove down, there was an old fridge or washer on the side of it shot full of holes. We became our own worst enemy. We should have designated shooting areas at least to cut down on littering in the national forest. Otherwise if they shut down the pits again, with all the new shooters it will be pandemonium.

Personally I think designated shooting areas will end up being the rules of the forest and DNR land in the future from everything I've been hearing. As of right now we need to come together with these cleanups; not just to keep our shooting areas clean but to show support for our recreation. Also the local people complaining about the trash need to understand that it's their own neighbors are also dumping stuff into our shooting pits and the forest that have nothing to do with target shooting.

When we did a clean up in capital forest and went to dump the trash down the road to a dumpster the area looked like a auto wrecking yard. We asked if this was all from cleanups at the pit and was told no; just crap pulled from all around in the forest.

Have you been apart of any cleanups in greenwater ace ? I see that you're new here and we would like to have you join us next time.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:41 pm

I've been up there during the clean ups but not recently, the last time I shot there I think Romney was still trying to beat Obama in the election. I remember when people first started talking about the clean ups. I wish I had time to get up in the hills more, but the whole work/family thing has taken a huge chunk of my free time. Hopefully when my kids get a little more older I can take the up and shoot with me. That's about a year or two away, in the meantime I hope there is place up there I can still shoot.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
I've been up there during the clean ups but not recently, the last time I shot there I think Romney was still trying to beat Obama in the election. I remember when people first started talking about the clean ups. I wish I had time to get up in the hills more, but the whole work/family thing has taken a huge chunk of my free time. Hopefully when my kids get a little more older I can take the up and shoot with me. That's about a year or two away, in the meantime I hope there is place up there I can still shoot.

We're working on keeping it open. As of right now the forest service is onboard with making alterations to some of the areas, more law enforcement in the area,etc. The most important thing is to get more responsible people out there, educating those who are willing to listen and cleaning up regularly. It's an up hill battle but it's worth battling.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 pm

I totally agree, I only wish everyone would be like the good folks who bring out more junk than they take into the woods we'd have the issue licked.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4