Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 WaGuns.org Interactive Range List 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have created a great statewide map of all known (to us), shooting locations. Please check it out and if you see any places that need to be updated, added or removed, let us know!!

WGO Range Map

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent for everyone!

luxhello luxhello

:party:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

woohoo

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like this easy to use and find where I want to go! thanks for putting this together

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm
Profile YIM

Oh man, I've been waiting to see if someone was going to make something like this. WAY TO GO!

Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MassiveDesign, this is really f-ing cool. It's a really great resource! Nice job!

You missed this:
http://www.spaarange.com/

I've been meaning to go down there and apply for a membership for some time now. Shazam from the other board is a member there and speaks well of the place. I've met a couple other guys who are members there - they like it, although they complained that their ability to bring in guests was recently restricted (two per year) and they weren't happy with it.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Range has been added!

Looks like a cool place, but their website sure could use some lovin'

Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah...their website sucks. But from what I hear, they don't really need the online presence to drive membership. Basically every SPD officer is a default member and it's the closest range to the city limits.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be advised that the rifle and shotgun range are still closed with no ETA. So, when you join now, you are joining for the pistol range. It is a (covered) outdoor range, working from holster is not allowed. Full disclosure, I am a member.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting. I saw that on their website but - as was mentioned earlier - their website is in bad shape, so I wasn't sure if the rifle/shotgun range was still down. Do you know why it's closed? Regardless, do you think it's worth a membership for just the pistol range?

Tue May 03, 2011 6:01 am

I've been a member for several years and have loved it. That said, I've had my "enough is enough" moment regarding the closed rifle and shotgun ranges so I just dropped my membership.

Answering the two questions:

Is the pistol range alone worth the membership? Well, their membership fees and their hours of operation are about exactly the same as Renton Fish and Game. I suppose it depends on if you live close enough to RF&G to make that work as an alternative. That's what I'm doing. When the SPAA re-opens with full facilities, I'll reconsider going back. But the range sergeants can be act like mindless dick cops from time to time (big surprise as they are all off-duty SPD), and rules are constantly in a state of flux, etc. etc. I'll tell you, Tom (the caretaker that lives on site) just about makes the place for me. He's totally cool. I guess what I am saying is, as convenient as it is, they go out of their way to make it irritating to be a member sometimes since they don't see non-cops as customers, but more as necessary evils to keep their range running.

Answering the second question: Why are the rifle and shotgun ranges closed? There was a .45 ACP bullet found in the driver's seat (through a broken window) of a car north of the range. The CSI determination was that it might or might not have come from the rifle range. Given the distance, not one of us believes there is any way that bullet could have come from the SPAA... but the CSI dudes know their stuff. The result is that the SPAA agreed to redo both the rifle and shotgun areas of the range to create better containment. They tell me it's roughly a $500,000 job, so they are waiting for funding. Folks, you'll just keep waiting. I don't see that funding coming through any time soon, so it may be time to, at least temporarily, move on.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Cascade rifle and pistol have closed memberships down. If you want to join you have to get on a waiting list.

Sat May 28, 2011 4:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

masonm wrote:
Cascade rifle and pistol have closed memberships down. If you want to join you have to get on a waiting list.

Good to know! thumbsup

Sat May 28, 2011 5:23 am
Profile WWW

I just realized that the Everett Sportsmens Club marker is in the the wrong spot on the map. The marker shows near down town, but it is actually at 47.960696,-122.170029 on Ebey Island.

Fri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great catch! I have updated the location, thanks Dave!

Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next