Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Waddell Creek Shooting Pit 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi all. So I am new here and was wondering about Waddell Creek Shooting Pit. I had been there once about 4 years ago and it was empty. I have not been since. I plan on going ether this weekend (7/9) or the weekend after (7/16). Anything about this site? Any "rules" or other stuff I should be aware of? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No rules... well there's common sense rules but this is one of the biggest reasons I can't shoot at these locations (no common sense by some)...

Just prepared to have a firearm pointed at you... and maybe one or two... or more behind you shooting. icon_eek
..."but you can trust them" because they are "safe"... :facepalm2:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Weekends are busy up there. Also you HAVE TO HAVE a Discovery Pass now to use that area.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would say that 90% of the people I have encountered at that (and other) pits have been friendly, safety conscious, and perfectly fine to be and shoot around. However, that fringe 10% can be shockingly unsafe. Use your own common sense. If someone who just showed up is giving you a bad vibe (even if they haven't done anything yet), keep an eye on them. At the first sign of trouble, leave. My advice? Find a couple of smaller areas to shoot in the area (they exist, you just gotta do some exploring). Have a backup spot to go to if someone if giving you the heebie jeebies at the main pit. See Bubba roll up, crack open a fifth of liquor and unsling his AK? roll on out. He shoots himself in the foot, that's his problem.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Early morning weekdays=Fine
Weekends=sketchy.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Was there on 27 Aug and was able to clean up about 1 30 gal bag of trash and shot gun shells and packed out. We now have 2 signs up in this site and was able to talk to 3 first time users of the site and about WA guns. There is about 3 30 gal bags there to pick up I just was unable to do so. Site not in bad shape.

Happy Shooting all

msgkb

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

msgkb wrote:
Was there on 27 Aug and was able to clean up about 1 30 gal bag of trash and shot gun shells and packed out. We now have 2 signs up in this site and was able to talk to 3 first time users of the site and about WA guns. There is about 3 30 gal bags there to pick up I just was unable to do so. Site not in bad shape.

:thumbsup2:

Nice job, Terrance! Thank you.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to have a site report. Thanks for packing out garbage. I don't get down to Waddell very often, but it's definitely my go to spot if I happen to be in the Olympia area.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stopped going there because I was getting lasered constantly. And people would walk out downrange while I was still shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

crosse wrote:
I stopped going there because I was getting lasered constantly. And people would walk out downrange while I was still shooting.

This is a problem anywhere there is a long firing line. People are to lazy to walk down the firing line and call cold range.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was there this evening...not too trashed and just a small group other than my daughter and I.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want to avoid the careless few, travel just a bit further south to Evergreen Sportsman's Club. Yes, you have to pay, but it's only $15 for non members to shoot all day. Open to the public, nice friendly folks there, all volunteer range safety officers who are not overbearing. Minimal restrictions too, i.e... No BS about one round at a time, etc... Full mag dumps are cool too as long as the RSO sees that you know what you are doing. It's a lot of peace of mind for $15.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
If you want to avoid the careless few, travel just a bit further south to Evergreen Sportsman's Club. Yes, you have to pay, but it's only $15 for non members to shoot all day. Open to the public, nice friendly folks there, all volunteer range safety officers who are not overbearing. Minimal restrictions too, i.e... No BS about one round at a time, etc... Full mag dumps are cool too as long as the RSO sees that you know what you are doing. It's a lot of peace of mind for $15.

I'm a member of a couple good clubs up north but the reason I travel down to Capitol is for the opportunity to be able to do things they won't let you do on a square range....transitions from slung rifle to pistol, shooting while moving, cartwheels. You know stuff they won't let you do at normal ranges.

Does evergreen have steel dueling trees or plates for pistol shooting or action bays?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]