Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 6/4 Capitol Forest triangle pit clean and shoot bbq 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:
riflesnob23 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Wow, that sounds like a great day! Nice job, everyone . . . most impressive. :bow:

riflesnob23 wrote:
I honestly have no idea what happened to my MOJO pick stick. lol someone made off with it.

Well, that SUCKS.

Did you get a chance to use it? Your thoughts?

Yes I got a chance to use it. It was Great! the real star of the show for picking up the steel cased was the roller magnet.

Jim has your stick. We thought it was Dan's. I'll have my roller magnet fixed for next time. We need another clean up just for those wads.

I tossed the MOJO stick in the truck as we didn't know who's it was and I didn't want to leave it behind. I will make sure to get it to you. I work up in Bellevue twice per week and can meet you somewhere to get it to ya.

It was nice meeting you guys and we got a bunch accomplished. Too bad that those two tweakers showed up and gave us a tense moment, eh? Thought for a minute that were were going to have to throw down and exchange fire! That being said, I wasn't TOO worried after watching those shit birds shoot. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, with the gangster grip, for all the meth in Mason county! :rofl9:
I already had my gear on the truck, if something went down I would have been throwing rocks I guess. Going to e-mail Barry today with the pic and video that I took of them.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, let me know if he wants any more pics or additional comment. I have some perfect pics of the rig and the license plate.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:07 am

Ya those tweakers were creepy. In all of the years shooting at outdoor ranges I have never seen anyone get hostile like that! I had my AR15 ready to rock and roll after that because like barfly said I thought it was going to end in a shootout for a second. I went and apologized to the other party further down the range and they said no need to be sorry. They said when I wasn't paying attention they pointed a gun at me. The other two rifle shooters thanked me as they left for telling them to move it. Anyway! Barfly you keep that MOJO pick stick as a gift. You were out there on your hands and knees, and you saved the day with that trailer. So please by all means, keep that thing and I'm going to order a few more for our next clean up. I'm just glad to hear it didn't get snaked. Thank you again for all you did Jim.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Duuuuuudes.. Post up pics and vid here!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:04 pm
Profile WWW

Haha I guess it's another good reason to use LaRue quick detach mounts on your AR. You can go from long range target shooting, to short range tweaker defense in seconds!!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome to see! I shoot there from time to time, especially when Greenwater is already socked in with snow.

I couldn't make this last weekend but would be happy to help when I can in the future. Plus, shooting!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Awesome to see! I shoot there from time to time, especially when Greenwater is already socked in with snow.

I couldn't make this last weekend but would be happy to help when I can in the future. Plus, shooting!
Lately it's been more cleaning then shooting. We really need more people to start showing up so we can have a waguns BBQ shoot out session. By the time we get done cleaning up we're exhausted and getting late into the afternoon. The last two cleanups; we're were out there for 4 hours and still didn't have it all cleaned up. The kicker was to see a bunch of people that were not apart of the cleanup shooting after we got back from dumping off the trash.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If we can get something good going, I can bring out tables, an easy up and a bbq in my trailer so we can get a cookout going...

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

riflesnob23 wrote:
Ya those tweakers were creepy. In all of the years shooting at outdoor ranges I have never seen anyone get hostile like that! I had my AR15 ready to rock and roll after that because like barfly said I thought it was going to end in a shootout for a second. I went and apologized to the other party further down the range and they said no need to be sorry. They said when I wasn't paying attention they pointed a gun at me. The other two rifle shooters thanked me as they left for telling them to move it. Anyway! Barfly you keep that MOJO pick stick as a gift. You were out there on your hands and knees, and you saved the day with that trailer. So please by all means, keep that thing and I'm going to order a few more for our next clean up. I'm just glad to hear it didn't get snaked. Thank you again for all you did Jim.

Well shit, thanks for the MOJO stick! :thumbsup2:

We need to do the next clean up/group shoot before the fire bans hit. We could do an overnight camp with drinking and bbq the night before, then cleanup and shoot the following day. Maybe Greenwater area since there are TONS of places to camp/ There are some great group sized spots on Huckleberry Creek, just a little farther up Hwy410, on the opposite side of hwy. Easy drive to the pit in the morning.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:37 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

quarter mile from the Cap. Pit there is Middle Waddell Campground too.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:05 am
Profile WWW

That sounds like a good time! If we camped at capitol forest there are more places we can shoot other than just the pit. Greenwater area is nice as well. Either one I'm down for. I guess if it's hott out and we go to capitol we can also take a dip in the lake. And your welcome for the pick stick Jim!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:42 pm

I am so sorry I missed this clean up. I was hoping to find out before it happened. I just got sign up. I was there a few weeks ago and me an my son pick up as much as we could of the shoot gun shells and mess and put it into my truck to get rid of. Please tell me we have not loss this nice place to shoot? Is there any shotgun reloaders here? I reload all most everything but that. Now that I am on site I will keep track. I am a disable Vet but can do some things to help. Is it still open for us now as of 10 June 2016?

Thank You to all who did the work.

Terrance

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Terrance! :wavey:

Yes, the pit is still open for use, thanks not only to organized cleanups like this one, but also the folks that carry out trash as part of their everyday "responsible living" activities, like you and your son did. Thank you for that! When you do it, you not only clean up a little, but you set a great example for other shooters.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Hello all, I stumbled across this thread while searching "triangle pit" to show a coworker. Subsequently I registered just to comment here.

I have been shooting there for about 10 years I guess. I never leave anything behind and usually have a bucket and a trash bag or two I fill up on my way out. Had I also known in advance about the clean-up I would have loved to have been there.

Many thanks to all that helped and have helped in the past. I will make an effort to follow up and attend the next clean up. My kids are almost of age to start shooting and look forward to many trips down in the future with them as well.

Thanks again all for the very hard and often thankless work and I hope to meet you out there soon.

-Josh

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hate i wasn't able to make it. Had reserves. I hope to make the next one. I can bring my dump trialer if need be. Make unloading at the closest meth house less dangerous. Plus it acts as a shield while driving off with it in the up position. I brought my magnet last time and it is definitely a bad ass way to pick up shells.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next