Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Medford Pit Temporarily closed! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got an email from my DNR contact yesterday. Below is what is going on:

Hi Kyle,

See message below for info on temporary Medford pit closure. Spread the word if you don't mind - may save folks the drive. Do you think you will plan another spring clean up? Let me know and I will see what we can do to help. Hope alls well with you and the family. Take care,

-XXXX

I hope you can put something up online or our website for me. The Medford gravel pit has active work going on in it removing rock for some road building for a timber sale. This gravel pit is the one by the Harry Osborne, I was wondering if you could put something out saying temporarily closed until further notice because of the work for the safety of the workers and the public due to heavy machinery. Attached is an example of a sign I will be putting up at the gravel pit. I do not have any timeline right now for how long the work will take but it’s at least a few weeks. Also I was wondering if you can get the announcement out to the gentleman that contacted you a few weeks ago about the target shooting at this pit. He may be able to put it out to more people he knows that target shoot there.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its great that they reach out to let folks know, and look for assistance in cleanups......we need more of the government WORKING WITH non government to keep places open. Very nice mutually beneficial relationship you have going there !!

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed, but curiously: they are going to have a front end loader(s) up there... why not run a dumpster up there at the same time and take a few passes? Or do you think that will happen anyway?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Agreed, but curiously: they are going to have a front end loader(s) up there... why not run a dumpster up there at the same time and take a few passes? Or do you think that will happen anyway?

For starters, its privately owned land, DNR just caretakes it. So not sure the private party cares kuch to pay the workers to so. But below is Hydens response to me wanting to do a clean up, but being very busy at the current time.

No worries about the clean up. We have a had few folks come through this year and take some of the bigger items so its looking relatively good in there.

-Hyden

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

where is the "medford pit"?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

toys in the toybox wrote:
Its great that they reach out to let folks know, and look for assistance in cleanups......we need more of the government WORKING WITH non government to keep places open. Very nice mutually beneficial relationship you have going there !!

Hell yeah!

Thanks for the work you do on this, Kyle.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

East of Sedro Wooley on Hwy 20. All the North End Group Shoots have taken place there.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
East of Sedro Wooley on Hwy 20. All the North End Group Shoots have taken place there.

ah ha...no wonder I'd never heard of it

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:reaction: Damn it is supposed to be nice this week and I actually get days off, I was going to run up there with my steel tree and smoker.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Any update on whether the construction work is finished and the pit's open again? Thanks!

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still closed. The day I hear from my DNR buddy, I will post it up here.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Thank you sir!

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this, Kyle. It saved me a trip! :thumbsup2:

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The first day I am off after it is re-opened I am towing my smoker up there and spend the day BBQing and shooting.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Nobody should be allowed to reply to this thread except Jagerbomber35 when it's back open. Every time I get an email notification of a new post on the thread I'm all excited, then I come here only to be teased with the promise of BBQ and no opening date :( :( :(

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next