Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Greenwater unsafe 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
After my last experience there, I went to a range and paid the membership fees. I had some drunk ass idiot approach us and try to charge $1/ round because they were camped across the road and didn't like the noise. I told him we would be gone before nightfall, he nodded and in typical passive- aggressive fashion, he left and 5 minutes later could be heard shouting at us from his camp site.

He actually tried to charge you money? :ROFLMAO: That's one of the funniest things I've heard all week. I mean, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but gawd-DAMN! :rofl9:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
After my last experience there, I went to a range and paid the membership fees. I had some drunk ass idiot approach us and try to charge $1/ round because they were camped across the road and didn't like the noise. I told him we would be gone before nightfall, he nodded and in typical passive- aggressive fashion, he left and 5 minutes later could be heard shouting at us from his camp site.

Shoulda got his license plate number and told him if his spot isn't clean you would turn him into the rangers. Campers leave more of a mess than shooters ever do.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
3584ELK wrote:

Shoulda got his license plate number and told him if his spot isn't clean you would turn him into the rangers. Campers leave more of a mess than shooters ever do.
Or they just throw their junk where we shoot at and we get blamed.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MADrtcw wrote:

"Trigger Trash" :blackcloud1:

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

Haha . . . you guys nailed that one.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

Man I was hoping not to hear that term for a bit longer. Which reminds me I need to contact Marty(ranger) and see when we're going to have the next meeting. Supposed to have a meet and greet with the new LEO in the area.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:36 am

Let us know how it goes.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went up there today to sight in one of my AR's at the lower clear cut pit. You still have to park in front of the gate and walk in which is what I and many others did.

The gate might open on May 1st for Elk migration as the sign says. I think this keeps shit heads from driving through with their truck loaded with T.V's and such.

Here are some pics. Much cleaner than the exact time of the year last year. I guess this is better than it getting shut down but I know more meetings are pending and no I did not check out any of the upper pits

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was actually at the lower pit today (4-3) and it's trashed. not like it was when we cleaned up back in oct but still pretty bad with shot shells,wood and plastic. Drove up to the upper pit on my way out after a few strays went overhead. It's trashed as well but I believe it's going to be shut down. Waiting for a response back from the rangers for our next meeting to discuss greenwater issues. Over all it was a very busy day out in greenwater, tons of people out shooting.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes it was. Left before I wanted to because it took forever for people to call a cold range.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MADrtcw wrote:
3584ELK wrote:
Were you at the pit or the forest clearing ?

I was at the clearing with the steep open hillside above it.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 pm
Profile WWW

vic_b wrote:
3584ELK wrote:

Great idea, but I was trying to get some load testing finished and had important things on my mind. It is really sad what the morons and idiots have done there. I never left that place without at least one full trash bag, usually more...

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
FFL / Dealer

I've been going up there over the last few months to shoot some steel targets and when done I have been filling up a couple garbage bags full of stuff. Try to leave a little cleaner than when I arrived. Last I was there (mid april) it was looking pretty nice, no doors or appliances laying around at least! :)

Sun May 15, 2016 1:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

csarmory wrote:
I've been going up there over the last few months to shoot some steel targets and when done I have been filling up a couple garbage bags full of stuff. Try to leave a little cleaner than when I arrived. Last I was there (mid april) it was looking pretty nice, no doors or appliances laying around at least! :)

Good to hear. Thanks for helping out, James.

If anyone is available to help next Saturday the 21st, we'd love to have a good turnout at our Greenwater cleanup:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68036

We can kick some serious ass when we all get together and hit it hard . . . come join us, you'll feel good about it. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 15, 2016 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2