Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 am

Just wondering if anyone has been to the pit in Duvall (the honey hole-duvall on the shooting area map) recently? I haven't heard anyone mention it in a while. Hoping to head up there and put some rounds through my new 10/22. Won't be taking anything bigger than that 22. Anyone heard if it's still good for shooting?

Thanks!

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:29 am

Last I heard was its a no go. You "may" be able to walk in, but it's a hike.

Good luck and report back if you go.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 am

Last time I drove by, the gates were locked. You can drive all the way out Cherry Valley Road to where it intersects with the power lines and shoot there, or at least you used to, it's been a while since I've been.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:25 am

I thought this thread was going to be about a whorehouse. Disappointed.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Seemed like a no-go. Gates were closed and the weather was such today that I didn't feel like exploring on foot. Will report back if I make the walk in when the weather is better.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Hry guys, any latest news on the Duval Pit? Im going to shoot there for first time, but i don't know the ROE there, and when i check the position in the google maps, theres like uncharted path there. Please enlight me. Thanks :bigsmile:

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Duvall isn't the boonies anymore unfortunately.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:42 pm

A few folks have keys for the gate, but us commoners (not in a fancy militia) have to walk. It's not bad, just tough to take good targets up on your back. It's about .5 to .75 miles each way, relatively smooth path but all uphill. You need a discover pass to park at the gate.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

johndelta wrote:Hry guys, any latest news on the Duval Pit? Im going to shoot there for first time, but i don't know the ROE there, and when i check the position in the google maps, theres like uncharted path there. Please enlight me. Thanks :bigsmile:

Welcome aboard!

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm

beckdw wrote:A few folks have keys for the gate, but us commoners (not in a fancy militia) have to walk. It's not bad, just tough to take good targets up on your back. It's about .5 to .75 miles each way, relatively smooth path but all uphill. You need a discover pass to park at the gate.



i see. Btw the entrance will be from the south right?

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

cdoniguian wrote:
johndelta wrote:Hry guys, any latest news on the Duval Pit? Im going to shoot there for first time, but i don't know the ROE there, and when i check the position in the google maps, theres like uncharted path there. Please enlight me. Thanks :bigsmile:

Welcome aboard!



thankyoy :bigsmile:

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Yup, entry from the south.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Maybe it's a dumb question....don't judge me - I'm new guy here...so, shooting there is 100% legal or not? If yes - is there any ground rules about using that place?

Thank you.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm just someone on the internet, so take my advice with a grain of salt... but, there is now a handwritten sign outside of the (usually locked) gate from the locals asking people not to block driveways and only to shoot at the established pit.

While hiking back from the pit carrying a cased long gun and my range bag, I met a park police officer and we had a chat. He asked how my shooting was and if I had seen any campfire activity (this was due to the burn ban). Nice guy, but I didn't catch his name.

If it weren't legal, he would have had some words with me right then and there, I'm sure. You get brownie points if you bring a trash bag and pick up.

Re: Duvall Honey Hole?

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am

I was up at the Duvall pit last weekend. With a Discover pass you can just park down at the gate and as others said it's a bit of a hike up but not terrible. I ran into some guys that had a key for the gate and drove 3 cars up and took up the whole pit running drills with quite the setup. They mentioned a second pit a bit further up the road (hang a left at the next fork) that isn't as large, but still works so I left for that rather than squeeze in. Worked great.
Post a reply