Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Greenwater still open? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lower pit was a good place to shoot... If everyone is on the same page. We put up a table on the other side of the parking barricade. We gotta couple of shooters that went ahead and started shooting from behind the barricade.

The upper pit is insane. We had some ricochets and wizzes down where we were. I headed up and some youngs guys in seriously oversized trucks were blasting away at clats scattered on the berm to the right. The one overlooking the lower pit. Those berms are not enough to protect the lower pit. That upper pit needs to be shut down.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DSynger wrote:
The lower pit was a good place to shoot... If everyone is on the same page. We put up a table on the other side of the parking barricade. We gotta couple of shooters that went ahead and started shooting from behind the barricade.

The upper pit is insane. We had some ricochets and wizzes down where we were. I headed up and some youngs guys in seriously oversized trucks were blasting away at clats scattered on the berm to the right. The one overlooking the lower pit. Those berms are not enough to protect the lower pit. That upper pit needs to be shut down.
That is why i'm there at 6am and out before 10am when i go. We're trying to get that area re-arranged for safe shooting but at this point i'd rather just see it shut down. Last time i was there the same thing happened and someone get shot in the back but it was a slow flying ricochet so no damage done.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i hear they are all closed.

someone said elk season maybe?

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fs road to the lower clear cut is closed with a sign that says "Closed from Dec 15 to May 1st for elk range management."

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Must be new. I was just up there two weeks ago and checked out the lower and upper pits both being open and was surprisingly clean compared to what I usually see

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GreenEggs&Spam wrote:
The fs road to the lower clear cut is closed with a sign that says "Closed from Dec 15 to May 1st for elk range management."

more likely late elf hunting

Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:30 pm

GreenEggs&Spam wrote:

For clarification's sake, is the road you're referencing FS70 (The main road used to get to the one listed on the map plus 3 others)? And if so, as a whole or one of the shooting sites branching off of it?

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No. FS70 is still open. The map shows the upper and lower pits which is further up on FS70. The road I'm speaking of, branches off of FS70 and leads to the clear cut.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:26 am

Either I'm blind or we're looking at different maps. WAGun's shooting map is only showing one spot for me. I believe I'm tracking though. The first pit in, on 7013, cleared out and going up the hillside.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on heading out there this Friday and this'll save me a little bit of heartache.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 pm

As a heads up, FS-70 going up to the rock pits is closed just past the information board/just before the incline as of this past weekend

We are still allowed to hike in to any of the traditional ranges (including the hillside range off FS-7013) and make use of them. This has been confirmed with Martie Schramm, who some of us met at the previous cleanup.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:49 am

Dicks McGhee wrote:
As a heads up, FS-70 going up to the rock pits is closed just past the information board/just before the incline as of this past weekend

We are still allowed to hike in to any of the traditional ranges (including the hillside range off FS-7013) and make use of them. This has been confirmed with Martie Schramm, who some of us met at the previous cleanup.

Was up there Sunday, had to park on FS 70 and hike in. Was crazy crowded by 11 am since the upper pits are close off for the season

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Are the upper pits closed because of snow? How far do you have to hike in to the lower shooting area that we cleaned up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went up on Tuesday. Gate closed past the first honeybucket. Since when do you need a snow pass? This is new to me. I just backtracked past the sign saying I needed one and pulled off to the side. I just wanted to play with my kid in the snow and shoot my mk2 a bit. I'm assuming this is a new thing since I don't remember the sign last time and there were no bullet holes in it [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the_chadman wrote:
Went up on Tuesday. Gate closed past the first honeybucket. Since when do you need a snow pass? This is new to me. I just backtracked past the sign saying I needed one and pulled off to the side. I just wanted to play with my kid in the snow and shoot my mk2 a bit. I'm assuming this is a new thing since I don't remember the sign last time and there were no bullet holes in it [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think you do from the sno-park lot onwards. Or at least that was the impression I got last time I went through there.

Another interesting piece of info: King County Sheriff does not authorize USFS and DNR LE to enforce any state/county laws within King County. 34 of the 39 counties in WA do, but King County does not. It must be some union thing. (some parts of FS70 area are King, some are Pierce, and if you go far enough, some are Kittitas.)

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Another interesting piece of info: King County Sheriff does not authorize USFS and DNR LE to enforce any state/county laws within King County. 34 of the 39 counties in WA do, but King County does not. It must be some union thing. (some parts of FS70 area are King, some are Pierce, and if you go far enough, some are Kittitas.)

The Greenwater River is the county boundary. Unless you take a left and cross a bridge somewhere, you should be in Peirce County.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next