Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Indoor Ranges Within Reasonable Range of Oly 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with indoor ranges that are remotely close to Olympia. What you can shoot and what kind of range they have would be helpful. Range fees and any special requirements too.

Thanks,
Dave

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:53 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Closest would be a toss up probably between the Marksman in Puyallup or Bullseye in Tacoma. Ive never been to Bullseye so I cant comment there.

The marksman I have been to quite a few times. One thing people don't generally like there is the requirement of a saftey class with a $10 fee your first time there. So first day fee $21. After that its just $11 to shoot. I paid it, wasn't a big deal. Their lanes are a little dark, and cold. I've also had to wait a bunch because they will shut down one side for training classes.

http://www.themarksman.net/indoor_range.html

Also the Bullseye:
http://www.bullseyeshooter.com/rangemain.htm

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Damon!
Anyone have any experience w Bullseye?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looked on the links Damon supplied and they look pretty similar. Marksman has 7 50' bays, Bullseye has 12. Far as I can tell its $9/person at the Bullseye and $11/person (plus one time $10 safety class) at the Marksman. So it sounds like Bulkseye might be the way to go unless the service there sucks or something.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I've heard people say the bullseye used to be a bit sketchy... but then I dont know when that was in reference to.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Parking can be a bit tight at Bullseye but they are right next to a covered parking lot for overflow. The location is a bit sketchy as it's right near the transit station and the Tacoma Dome, downtown are of Tacoma, etc

Both are pretty old and not renewed as much. Lighting has improved at both locations over the years and the ventilation systems at both are a bit colder and slower... so if you are next to someone shooting reloads that are a bit dirty... you'll notice it more.

Each operate a bit differently as mentioned. Marksman requires a one time safety check. Bullseye will require an ID even if not renting and also a surcharge for range cleanup or such... means you either buy ammo from them or you pay to shoot yours. I forget the exact amount. Call to find out more.

Both have rental guns and a gun shop attached... Bullseye is a bit larger selection and their ammo prices are bit more reasonable and larger.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks you guys! Sounds like you should OC if you're going there to deter the "wildlife"? LOL

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am

I know this is an old post, but I do shoot at the Bullseye. I would defer to oldkim about the area, because I am a NY transplant & am not savvy about the location. For me, ladies shoot free on Mon, even though they may still charge a $3 cleanup fee. Military shoot free on Tues & law enforcement get a discount.

I've seen everything there, from serious shooters, to the kids that wants to rent out the Dirty Harry gun, so you do have to beware. I have been meaning to ask if those partitions between the lanes are bullet proof, I sure hope so!!!

http://www.bullseyeshooter.com/rangemain.htm

Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The closet indoor to Oly is Bullseye and the Marksman.

I prefer the Evergreen Sportsmans Club in the outskirts of Olympia, near Littlerock. It's an outdoor range but a decent facility.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wasn't there some sort of indoor Centralia members range? I need to find out where I heard of that.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

There is a club down there. And its open 24 HRS!!!!!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
There is a club down there. And its open 24 HRS!!!!!

How about a little more info?? Like a name so I can take my ass down there at 3am tomorrow LOL

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From big blue:

Centralia Rifle Club. ( http://www.crcjd.org )

It's an indoor 50 foot range. You can shoot handguns up to .44 mag. The only rifles you can shoot are .22lr and .22WMR.

The best part of this range is that it is a private club. You have to apply for membership. It's $120/yr. Once you're in, you can come and go as you please. You're given a key code and you can come shoot 24/7. Just sweep up and turn out the lights when you leave. You can only shoot paper targets, though. You can either bring your own or buy them at the club. Targets are out for sale on the honor system--15 cents each.

If you (or anybody) wants to visit and shoot for free, just give me a call! We'll make arrangements to go some evening and you can try it out.

By the way, there is also a Bowling PIn Shoot every Wednesday at 7pm that is open to the public ($10 for one event, $15 for two events). That's another great way to see the club, shoot, and have some fun! Just show up at about 6:50pm and pay your entry fee.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty tempted to join really. Seems like a good spot, better traffic from here too.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like where this is heading!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next