Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Shooting / Patterning Near Tacoma? 

Hello,

I would like to find a rural area preferably near Federal Way / Tacoma, that allows one to become comfortable with a new Shotgun's functionality without time-limit's, pressure, a large audience, etc.. Maybe just a good ole' Hillside somewhere that is customarily used for such.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCHv7Kd5D0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtuoCraB1Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JLmAcaVOyA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58c-zuwFwzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57GvXtRnagc

Posted same question in a couple other places but with no response. Not looking to invade on anyone's private spots, just need access for a couple hours or so.

Thank you

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

do you see the icon just above the big black box? right above Guardian Tactical? click on that. it may just help you a bit oh ya and welcome you have come to the right place :cheers2:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 am

mash man wrote:
do you see the icon just above the big black box? right above Guardian Tactical? click on that. it may just help you a bit oh ya and welcome you have come to the right place :cheers2:

Thank you kindly, was starting to wonder why I purchased a Shotgun if I can't find a place to pattern it. It appears as though Greenwater Shooting Pit is the best bet for me. Obviously never been there before, or any shooting pit type environment for that matter. Any advice, tips, recommendations? Are there certain hours of free shooting, or designated parking areas?

Thanks again!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hum tell you the truth i have never been there. the only/best place i know is down by Olympia. for me its well worth the drive

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

look at honey hole #1 that would be my fav.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Green water is a good place easy to get too I go often if you want to go Saturday we can meet up you can follow me or ride with of you want too

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile YIM

Just in joy wrote:
Green water is a good place easy to get too I go often if you want to go Saturday we can meet up you can follow me or ride with of you want too

I will definitely take you up on that offer, but I'm not able to go until next week sometime, was just planning ahead a bit. I really appreciate the kind gesture, will send over a PM.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

next week works also I am on vacation all week also I have nothing better to do. then shoot and go fishing

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:
next week works also I am on vacation all week also I have nothing better to do. then shoot and go fishing

i cant think of anything better to do than that :thumbsup2:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:28 pm

If interested in someplace other than a gravel pit - try the Tacoma Sportman's Club, there is a patterning board that no one ever seems to be using and you can fire from different distances to learn the pattern - check the TSC website for more info. Try different shells, etc and enjoy the shotgun.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

felixcalvillojr wrote:
If interested in someplace other than a gravel pit - try the Tacoma Sportman's Club, there is a patterning board that no one ever seems to be using and you can fire from different distances to learn the pattern - check the TSC website for more info. Try different shells, etc and enjoy the shotgun.

Good tip!

Welcome to WaGuns, Felix. :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Just in joy wrote:

Tall Can wrote:
I will definitely take you up on that offer, but I'm not able to go until next week sometime, was just planning ahead a bit. . . .

The Missus and I would like to tag along if that's okay - we still haven't shot our Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. :crybaby:

We're retired, so our schedule is pretty flexible.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You and the misses are more than welcome to go out I will have mi ole lady out with me maybe Saturday but I know for sure next week also

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile YIM

felixcalvillojr wrote:

The patterning board can be used only when the trap range is open. You have to use trap loads only. If they are using the far left trap box be careful when standing up by the patterning board.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]