Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 I give up. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by The Smudge on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, on Sunday Dad and I are going down to Waddell Creek to go shooting some old Mosin-Nagants. If you want to bring your gun along, or try an Old War Rifle, then you can!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Robert. I may come out and join ya!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As may I the wife wants to get her CPL Now! yeah yeah yeah

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:53 pm
Profile YIM

Massivedesign wrote:
Robert. I may come out and join ya!

That would be great! But it's going to be either early or later in the afternoon. I have some Heavy-Ball if you'd like to shoot it!

According to the weather report, it may be nice in the morning.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:06 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm in, I will need to try the XDm after I clean the striker channel... had a bunch of light strikes today....

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:24 pm
Profile WWW

Um, there may be a problem. I might be busy on Sunday the 4th. I could try for Sunday the 11th.

I'll see how the 4th comes along.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have a recommendation for, but I got one against. Don't go to Tacoma Sportsman Club.

I'm fairly certain I would give up shooting before I went back there. There is a certain person who works there who goes out of his way to be a pain in the ass. Everything is an issue with him.

I took a friend there as a guest ( I'm not a member but I invited him) and wanted to pay his range fee. I knew my buddy would try to pay mine. I beat him to the punch and threw a couple sawbucks on the counter to cover the fees. Next thing I know, I am getting yelled at because dipshit (the range dude) can't accept the money until you sign in. Ok, I can accept that, I start signing the log. The asshole starts demanding that I pick my money up from the counter BEFORE I sign in. Really? You can't just let a couple ten spots sit there while we pencil in our names. God No, I have to pick the money up, put it back in my pocket and THEN I can sign in. All the while being yelled at with spit droplets flying. This was just the beginning. The rest of the day doesn't get any better. All I want to do here is some shooting with a good friend and enjoy the day. It seems the guy "rolling around" (clue here, if you have ever been) just wants to go out of his way to be a pain in the ass.

I had more fun at my last dental appointment than I had at TSC.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Walt wrote:
I don't have a recommendation for, but I got one against. Don't go to Tacoma Sportsman Club.

I'm fairly certain I would give up shooting before I went back there. There is a certain person who works there who goes out of his way to be a pain in the ass. Everything is an issue with him.

I took a friend there as a guest ( I'm not a member but I invited him) and wanted to pay his range fee. I knew my buddy would try to pay mine. I beat him to the punch and threw a couple sawbucks on the counter to cover the fees. Next thing I know, I am getting yelled at because dipshit (the range dude) can't accept the money until you sign in. Ok, I can accept that, I start signing the log. The asshole starts demanding that I pick my money up from the counter BEFORE I sign in. Really? You can't just let a couple ten spots sit there while we pencil in our names. God No, I have to pick the money up, put it back in my pocket and THEN I can sign in. All the while being yelled at with spit droplets flying. This was just the beginning. The rest of the day doesn't get any better. All I want to do here is some shooting with a good friend and enjoy the day. It seems the guy "rolling around" (clue here, if you have ever been) just wants to go out of his way to be a pain in the ass.

I had more fun at my last dental appointment than I had at TSC.

icon_eek

Wow . . . that sucks, man. Yeah, that could turn a feller off from a range, for sure. :thumbsdown:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It did me for sure. A number of times since then I have thought of going shooting (they are my closest range for rifle) then decided I would rather mow the grass, sweep out the garage or sit and do nothing.

I'm still torn between joining the Renton range and Paul Bunyan. I liked both of them the times I have been. Sounds like Mr. Salami might be in the know on some good spots for freelancing. Care to divulge any secrets?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

West, my friend, West...........you will know when you get there.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by The Smudge on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Walt, I've heard a rumor as of late that the dickhead has been replaced with a guy that's not such a douchewaffle.
I have not verified the rumor... But he also pulled that counter bullshit on me and my wife the last time we went...like over 2 years ago.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is good news if he is gone. There have been a couple times I was tempted to call and ask, "is this fuckstick" working today. then head out there if the answer was no. I can't imagine how many others he has driven away with his senseless bullshit.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 am

[quote="The Smudge"]FMJ 911: Thanks for the invite! It's a bit of a drive, but I may be able to swing it for the 11th, I'll have to see. This sunday I'm helping a friend renovate his garage. If I end up coming down, I'll bring these boys, we'll make it a mini war rifle festival, lol:
/quote]

The 11th might work, but my Dad requires that I find someone to carpool with down there.

And It would have to be sorta early (11:00 AM or so).

I'll bring my M1 Carbine, I need to test that new ammo I just bought, and the Mosin will get another field day with that Heavy-Ball!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next